Masark
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Masark
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: IMPORTANT, OFFICIAL SHIP TRANSFER POLL

Postby Masark » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:39 am

Xebeth wrote:I voted 2 as well, would have liked a longer delay

100 minutes to cross the bubble already seems rather slow to me. That's roughly 10ly per minute. That's about the speed of my combat Corvette.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:12 am

TorTorden wrote:No seriously. You suicide 20k ly from the bubble someone will have to carry your sorry ass back and you can't do anything until that's done;)

If that was the case I would still be floating in an escape capsule in Jaques. Cause I know know of you Lazy S.O.B. A-Team guys wouldn't come and get me even though I would go get one of you if the roles were reversed. That and no one there would give two shits about some random Commander.

And yes, your family background explains a Hell of a Lot! :P

I voted #2 because everyone likes a good #2-

:P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:34 am

smartroad wrote:I wish with multicrew you could also ferry other CMDRs about to. Doubt it would happen tho :(

This has surely got to be the case.
2.3 The Commanders - Team up and stand together. Forge your own identity with the new Commander Creator, then share your bridge with Multi-Crew and fly with friends
If you can have two commanders on the same ship it means that you are going to leave behind someone's pride and joy at some point. This then explains the reason why they wanted ship transfer to be instant - if you get to a destination system and the two CMDRs fall out over who gets to eat the last Rollo, then someone could end up stuck in a station with nothing to do. So, this means that you can only off-board (is that the right word?) another CMDR at a station with a shipyard, as I'm assuming you will call your ship and switch to it through there. Plus I can't wait to see how they handle the fact that CMDR 1 is the owner of the ship and CMDR 2 is co-pilot. CMDR 1 decides he needs to go rid himself of a space log, so what does no.2 do? :D

Too much speculation above - more coffee needed.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:14 am

If the vote goes for the (arbitrary and useless) timed delay then we might see yet another delay as the feature may not be implemented in 2.2

"...we will likely be moving towards implementing plausible delays into ship and module transfer, though such a change may affect when the features comes online."

Great result, eh? :roll:

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:16 am

That could be a heads-up that it might mean a delay to the whole of 2.2......
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:35 am

There are some good-looking improvements in 2.2, but I'm willing to wait for an improved version.

For the really passionate, this topic has been done to death, revived, beaten to a pulp, resurrected, dissected and still not resolved (but with a very strong bias towards some sort of delay) on the 7935 posts (and poll) on https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ay-or-Nay/

And in the 1910 posts on https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... Developers

And even here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5805 where Kharma's backside got involved.

The onlyreason FD have got to the point of putting up their own poll is that there was so much opposition to their proposal and this will give them a graceful excuse to step back and change the plan.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:42 am

de Carabas wrote:
smartroad wrote:I wish with multicrew you could also ferry other CMDRs about to. Doubt it would happen tho :(

This has surely got to be the case.
2.3 The Commanders - Team up and stand together. Forge your own identity with the new Commander Creator, then share your bridge with Multi-Crew and fly with friends
If you can have two commanders on the same ship it means that you are going to leave behind someone's pride and joy at some point. This then explains the reason why they wanted ship transfer to be instant - if you get to a destination system and the two CMDRs fall out over who gets to eat the last Rollo, then someone could end up stuck in a station with nothing to do. So, this means that you can only off-board (is that the right word?) another CMDR at a station with a shipyard, as I'm assuming you will call your ship and switch to it through there. Plus I can't wait to see how they handle the fact that CMDR 1 is the owner of the ship and CMDR 2 is co-pilot. CMDR 1 decides he needs to go rid himself of a space log, so what does no.2 do? :D

Too much speculation above - more coffee needed.

The last Rolo* you mean surely.
Try and eat this guy, and you're likely to get axe'd.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can assure any other pilots, if I'm aboard, we'll never have an argument over who gets the last Rollo or Rolo. No thanks to either.

Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon

Postby Geopan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:36 am

Already voted, and it's too late for second thoughts but I am still thinking about it (like there are no other important things IRL, I am a moron).

I gave it some thought before I voted "instant", being practical. During the last two weeks I am trying to get my engineers reputation to Grade 5 and I have stumbled on numerous occasions where I completed the 200-300ly trips from Jameson to whichever eng. base around the bubble, only to find out that I had forgotten a) to equip the module to be modified or b) to buy the commodity component.

The b) part is a result of plain stupidity but "instant" would save me some time by avoiding going back to my "home base" change to the ship that has the wanted module and then either fly that ship to the eng. base or unequip the module, change ship, reequip module, etc. etc. etc.

With instant I can take my 40+ multirole Asp, gather the components go to Maia by doing max 10 jumps, call my Corvette, FDL, FAS or any other shortlegged ship, complete modification and be on my way to home in my Asp again and call back the "fighter" ship when I get there.

Sweet!

BUT... I still don't know the cost of all that :roll:

And to be honest, I don't especially fancy the notion of me getting to Jacques bring my FDL there, buy a Suicidewinder and get back to the bubble in a matter of 10 minutes...

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 pm

It's a shame they didn't do this (a vote with account login req'd) where an "open only" bonus was considered, for power play to start.

The thread I made to let folks know that didn't play power play got over 2,000 replies and was locked/unlocked 4 times.

We still don't know what ever became of the idea, although there have been a few CG's that gave a bonus to open players.

On the delay/no delay topic, I'd really have to consider if it's worth it to pay AND have a time delay. 99% of my time is in the Python to run missions and back minor factions. The only time I change to the Vette is to support a civil war / war or the Trutter to make some cash. That shit is going to get expensive depending on how often I do it.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello,
I'm unbiased either way.
Though I did vote for option #2. Why not? I personally have no problems with waiting.
What I would really like to see when 2.2 comes out are capital class freighters. These dock at the outside of stations using some kind of docking ring. Controlled by NPCs with station level armour no targetable modules (cause they are heavily hidden from our scanners) and capital class jump ranges. These ships move about from station to station via micro jumps and if you are lucky you can see them jump and/or revert to real space just like capital ships. These ships are owned and operated by the Pilots Federation (or some such completely neutral faction) so they can go anywhere.
Whether or not the final implementation is instantaneous transport or delayed at least these would give the illusion that our ships were being transported.
Have fun, fly safe. o7

Return to “News and Announcements”