IMPORTANT, OFFICIAL SHIP TRANSFER POLL

The place for you to catch the latest news
Phillipus
Expert
Expert
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: IMPORTANT, OFFICIAL SHIP TRANSFER POLL

Postby Phillipus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Voted for instant. Sick of Hauler taxis.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Xebeth wrote:I voted 2 as well, would have liked a longer delay, but hey anything is better than nothing, and more importantly it shows they listen, actually I've always thought they listen, there's lots of examples of them changing stuff after getting feedback, sometimes they're just a bit slow.

They say in that long message that the delay may be longer depending on how far you are from your ship.

Voted 2 also.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I think I'd like the option to hire a pilot to fly my ship for extra credits, rather than use the bulk freighter. I'd also like to see the bulk freighters in game.

I’d like that too. And it’d be cool if you could take missions to move ships for others and hitch or book your travel back (or take a similar mission the other way around).
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:11 pm

I wish with multicrew you could also ferry other CMDRs about to. Doubt it would happen tho :(

Voting for a delay, I would love to get my Python out with me at Jaques, but having it just appear feels wrong considering I am some 22,000 light years away!
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:14 pm

I went for option 2 and I think FD should be applauded for actually bothering to listen to the feedback and yet not completely capitulate. Nice balance.

TorTorden wrote:Not to mention we was apparently big in shipping during the 18th and 19th century...

My family tree includes both ship wreckers and a Plantagenet prince. It was my destiny to work in IT in Slough :P
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 pm

smartroad wrote:I wish with multicrew you could also ferry other CMDRs about to. Doubt it would happen tho :(

Voting for a delay, I would love to get my Python out with me at Jaques, but having it just appear feels wrong considering I am some 22,000 light years away!

And if you loose the ship you would have to actually wait for someone to rescue you.
No seriously. You suicide 20k ly from the bubble someone will have to carry your sorry ass back and you can't do anything until that's done;)

Then again I see how this is only a game so who cares.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Tomo Rosso

Postby Cmdr Tomo Rosso » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Option 4 ..... bothered .... not

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:48 am

If the bubble is let's say, 1000LY, then getting to Jaques by transfer would be a little over a day to around 1.4 days.

I think I'm totally okay with that delay. It gives plenty of time to scoop-and-go out to Jaques, while making sure there is a logical time delay to keep things.. well if not RP, at least not stupidly fast/instant.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:03 am

Flip wrote:
Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I think I'd like the option to hire a pilot to fly my ship for extra credits, rather than use the bulk freighter. I'd also like to see the bulk freighters in game.

I’d like that too. And it’d be cool if you could take missions to move ships for others and hitch or book your travel back (or take a similar mission the other way around).

Yup. I've always thought that would be part of passenger travel too - not just NPCs. And outside of beta, taking a transport job may be the only way for me to experience some of these Federation and Imperial ships.

But FD would have to think long and hard about how to implement it, which they are not good at :roll: , to avoid assholes exploiting it. You'd probably have to have supplemental insurance covered by a third party, and make the ship fly a fixed route with weapons disabled and no chance of being interdicted or even instancing with another CMDR. I can see douches still trespassing in stations just for the fun of it, so they should pay the insurance and get on the no fly list.
It's time to give this another go.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:05 am

Darr Valen wrote:If the bubble is let's say, 1000LY, then getting to Jaques by transfer would be a little over a day to around 1.4 days.

I think I'm totally okay with that delay. It gives plenty of time to scoop-and-go out to Jaques, while making sure there is a logical time delay to keep things.. well if not RP, at least not stupidly fast/instant.

Yeah, and I'd think a freighter could fly 24/7, even while you're sleeping and at work, so it's really not that long of a delay (compared to doing it yourself in a taxi).
It's time to give this another go.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:29 am

As long as we get Ship Transfers I do not care if it is a time delay, order go do something else. Anyway we can most of the time Restock our ship but not always purchase that same supply at the same Station. Guessing it must be in inventory but not for sell, good stuff under the counter kind of thing. It may appear magical but so are other things, Cargo transfers at Seeking Sources occur very quickly, so does loading and offloading Cargo etc. it is a good option to have. May be one day a Star Trek Transporter Pad :D
Last edited by tinnitus on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “News and Announcements”