The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Gamescom 2016 - Elite Dangerous info

Postby Xebeth » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:48 pm

The passenger missions look interesting with their side missions (I don't get the complaint that they are just haulage missions, I really don't know what people were expecting from the update on passengers this time around, but I didn't expect anymore than this).

SLFs will be an interesting distraction, but is far from core game play (at least until multi-crew), module storage is a nice addition, and on the instant transfer, well I agree that it doesn't sit well with the games physics, but frankly I'll use it so little that it is fairly irrelevant to me (and if it sells more copies then fine).

3D printed fighters, whatever, if you had to buy and carry them like SRVs then frankly they wouldn't be worth the cargo space/module loss.

I'm more interested in the geological improvements, QoL stuff (like the route planner), paint jobs and ship kits, and of course the improvements to the story (which may well include Aliens).
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Dudley » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Xebeth wrote:The passenger missions look interesting with their side missions (I don't get the complaint that they are just haulage missions, I really don't know what people were expecting from the update on passengers this time around, but I didn't expect anymore than this).

SLFs will be an interesting distraction, but is far from core game play (at least until multi-crew), module storage is a nice addition, and on the instant transfer, well I agree that it doesn't sit well with the games physics, but frankly I'll use it so little that it is fairly irrelevant to me (and if it sells more copies then fine).

3D printed fighters, whatever, if you had to buy and carry them like SRVs then frankly they wouldn't be worth the cargo space/module loss.

I'm more interested in the geological improvements, QoL stuff (like the route planner), paint jobs and ship kits, and of course the improvements to the story (which may well include Aliens).

shhh..don't mention the dead alien carcass!!!
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Dudley wrote:
shhh..don't mention the dead alien carcass!!!

ALIENS!!

:D
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Xebeth wrote:The passenger missions look interesting with their side missions (I don't get the complaint that they are just haulage missions, I really don't know what people were expecting from the update on passengers this time around, but I didn't expect anymore than this).

There will come the point when the accumulated Stupid out-weighs the attractions in the rest of the game.

Return to “News and Announcements”