The place for you to catch the latest news
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Gamma 1.01 incoming

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 pm

I wish I had lost my internet connection......

Fat lot of good it's doing in the world that is Kin Elite...................

Well hopefully by the time my box is moved and the net back up it will be working.......

*Crosses Fingers*

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Philip Coutts » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Bit of a PR nightmare again isn't it? "Our servers will never go down". Oops.

Frustrating that Monday nights are my game night because my kids both go to dancing classes, ah well beter luck next week. Gamma 1.01 has been a bit of a flop so far. The only positive is at least this hasn't happened on the full release......yet :shock:

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Everything is taking ages to connect to anything.... Bullitin Board, Cartographics, Outfitting, Commodities. Just seems to take a lot longer than it was before the update.

And FFS, I just blew up because I spilt my tea, and didn`t see I was heading for the station insides and KABOOOM.........

What a complete NOOB I am.... Shit............... I`ve gotta declare bankruptcy now. Even thats taking ages to connect to server.

Strange, I`ve declared bankruptcy, but I still get to keep the 25000 credits I had and my Cobra.......

Edit 1
And I`ve just noticed that I now have a 7299 fine in Van Maanens Star, and I have never ever been there.

QTQ11
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Nelly Grey

Postby QTQ11 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:57 pm

At least it was only tea you spilled...could have been much worse.

fandango
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Allan Quatermaine

Postby fandango » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Combiseries wrote:And I`ve just noticed that I now have a 7299 fine in Van Maanens Star, and I have never ever been there.

If memory serves (from Frontier days), the Van Maanen lot are religious fundamentalists... so maybe everyone gets anathematised with a big fine on game start. :oops:

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Anyone else been having problems landing on Stations? Had one (McArthur Colony I think) where when I approached it normally (face towards the conning tower/office block) and it showed me coming in backwards, so i came in the other way and landed, then when i went to launch it glitched and brought me back up facing the same way as I had landed... very odd. Had this twice so far tonight.

Thanks Fandango, will check it out.
Last edited by Jockgit64 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QTQ11
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Nelly Grey

Postby QTQ11 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 pm

I have been having problems with the allocated landing pad number changing and also with the landing assist not operating so you are unable to land. Ticketed it this afternoon.

Ceeege
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ceeege

Postby Ceeege » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 pm

Just had around 2 hours and it was stable for me. No crashes, issues - just some gentle trading around familiar systems.
Original '84 --- ELITE --- on BBC Micro
Feel free to add me as a PvE group friend - fly safe in the void Commanders

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:24 am

I've had problems landing. I get permission, approach the pad and nothing. No docking assist and I can't land. To fix it I have to cancel the docking request and then ask for permission again. But what then happens is it reverses the docking direction! :shock:

That bug has been in the game forever and it's about time it was fixed, although given the server collapse last night maybe they have bigger issues..... :(

BiggBno
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Bigg Badger

Postby BiggBno » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Strange thing about the update last night. I came home about 9 PM UK time and started up the game. The launcher was already running, so just pressed play. Got in, no problem, and started my gold run.

After a while I noticed it said Gamma 1.01 in the bottom corner, but I had not updated the game, and apparently you lot had problems staying in game. Kept getting spammed with logged in logged out messages.

And jockgit, I have tried the game with 3G tethering when my net went down the day Beta 3 got released, and it worked fine, no problems at all.

And the landing pads somehimes gets turned around, specially when another player or NPC just left the pad. And since when you take off again you are already facing the right way, the pad doesnt have to turn.

Return to “News and Announcements”