Elite: Dangerous Arena is Completely Free This Weekend!

The place for you to catch the latest news
Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Elite: Dangerous Arena is Completely Free This Weekend!

Postby Wolf » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:58 am

https://community.elitedangerous.com/arenaisfree

Greetings Commanders,

Elite Dangerous Arena will be completely free on Steam and the Frontier Store this weekend. If you purchase a copy of Arena between now and 6PM BST on Monday July 11 you won’t be charged a thing, and you’ll retain access to the game even after the deal ends.

This 100%-off deal will bring a whole new host of Commanders to the CQC Arena, so make sure you jump in now to show them the ropes and take advantage of the unique benefits that reaching prestige rank in Arena can bring to your main game account.

When you reach CQC Rank 50 you’ll be given the option to 'Prestige'. You will set your rank back to one and lose all your unlocks, but in return you’ll be able to earn more credits for use in the main game, and get a permit to the Attilius Orbital starport in CD-4311917 where you’ll get exclusive discounts on many modules and ships. You can prestige up to level 9 and at that point you’ll be receiving the maximum amount of credits you can take in to the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

With Arena being completely free until 6PM BST on Monday July 11, now’s the perfect time to recruit new wingmates to join you in the CQC Arena.

GLHF

---

Disclaimer: Arena is the PVP mode already in Elite Dangerous so all players who own Elite Dangerous or Elite Dangerous: Horizons will already have access to it. Simply select Arena from the in-game main menu to play.

Samantha Moore
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Samantha Moore

Re: Elite: Dangerous Arena is Completely Free This Weekend!

Postby Samantha Moore » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 am

Thank you wolf
Got that while it is free. And will give that a try, in between exploring

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:07 am

You already have it.

Instead of selecting open,group or solo select arena it works completely seperate from the rest of the game.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:53 pm

TorTorden wrote:You already have it.

Instead of selecting open,group or solo select arena it works completely seperate from the rest of the game.

That's what I was thinking. So why is this being advertised to people that already have it?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:06 pm

de Carabas wrote:
TorTorden wrote:You already have it.

That's what I was thinking. So why is this being advertised to people that already have it?

It is not targeted, just announced to everybody.
And yes, most registered users here are already owners, but there are many more organic visitors, and it is interesting even for owners of ED, who might now tell their friends who don't have ED yet, "Hey, the Arena part is free this weekend, so why don't you try it and see if you like the flightmodel and graphics?", and they might become players of ED.

So, of course I post an announcement like that here.
Does it make sense now?

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Wolf wrote:It is not targeted, just announced to everybody.
And yes, most registered users here are already owners, but there are many more organic visitors, and it is interesting even for owners of ED, who might now tell their friends who don't have ED yet, "Hey, the Arena part is free this weekend, so why don't you try it and see if you like the flightmodel and graphics?", and they might become players of ED.

So, of course I post an announcement like that here.
Does it make sense now?

Yes. And I didn't mean your post Wolf, I meant the FD one you linked to.

I also realised it was a daft comment as I immediately forwarded the link to a few people who don't have the game that might be enticed by it. :oops:
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:12 pm

de Carabas wrote: as I immediately forwarded the link to a few people who don't have the game that might be enticed by it. :oops:

Now that made me smile! In a warm and happy way. :)

Return to “News and Announcements”