New Discord Server!

The place for you to catch the latest news
User avatar
JustSomeGuy
Expert
Expert
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:01 pm
CMDR: Murhapuro
Contact:

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:56 pm

If I'm not completely mistaken, TS has a text chat too but not as good as Discord has. And it is on the same time as voice chat.
Not sure if Discord voice has a text chat at the same time too, I have not tried voice yet.

Btw, what is the "official" abbreviation for Discord? :geek:
Image

User avatar
*Al*
Expert
Expert
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 am
CMDR: *Al*

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby *Al* » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Downloaded the app this morning.

Could someone please 'dumbtalk' me through getting this set-up?
Been said beTor that it is bad Khama, so go on and take the Mikey.
Have at it and let loose the Dawgs of Lor.....

User avatar
Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm
CMDR: Morgan Bateson

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby Morgan Bateson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:13 pm

If I remember correctly just install and after that click this link from your browser should open in your Discord. It's called an invite:

https://discord.gg/RrFfNmU
Image

"Captain, do you know what year this is?"
"Of course I do. It's 2278."

– Jean-Luc Picard and Morgan Bateson, 2368 ("Cause and Effect")

User avatar
*Al*
Expert
Expert
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 am
CMDR: *Al*

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby *Al* » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:10 pm

And not working for me. However thank you JL
Been said beTor that it is bad Khama, so go on and take the Mikey.
Have at it and let loose the Dawgs of Lor.....

User avatar
Cometborne
Expert
Expert
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:41 pm
CMDR: Cometborne

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:14 pm

You do not even have to install the app, just click on the link in your browser. Tested for text mode with Firefox on Mac, PC, and Solaris, works for me on all three platforms.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Schmobius
Master
Master
Posts: 797
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 am
CMDR: Schmobius

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby Schmobius » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:49 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:If I'm not completely mistaken, TS has a text chat too but not as good as Discord has. And it is on the same time as voice chat.
Not sure if Discord voice has a text chat at the same time too, I have not tried voice yet.

Btw, what is the "official" abbreviation for Discord? :geek:


You can be in one voice at a time, but you are technically in all text channels you have access to all at once on discord, though you can only view them one at a time. You can of course be in voice and text at the same time. Voice also works from a web browser.

I believe the only things the app does over running it in a browser is enable the voice overlay, and maybe allow you to use a direct joystick button mapping for push to talk.

I am genuinely curious what problems anyone may be having with it, as it should be fairly turnkey.
Image

User avatar
Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm
CMDR: Morgan Bateson

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby Morgan Bateson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear about that, figuring how to help without exactly knowing what goes on at the other end ....

Does this vid help?

https://youtu.be/cQovVJI2F7E
Image

"Captain, do you know what year this is?"
"Of course I do. It's 2278."

– Jean-Luc Picard and Morgan Bateson, 2368 ("Cause and Effect")

User avatar
Anna
Harmless
Harmless
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:45 pm
CMDR: Judy

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby Anna » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:29 am

Schmobius wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:If I'm not completely mistaken, TS has a text chat too but not as good as Discord has. And it is on the same time as voice chat.
Not sure if Discord voice has a text chat at the same time too, I have not tried voice yet.

Btw, what is the "official" abbreviation for Discord? :geek:


You can be in one voice at a time, but you are technically in all text channels you have access to all at once on discord, though you can only view them one at a time. You can of course be in voice and text at the same time. Voice also works from a web browser.

I believe the only things the app does over running it in a browser is enable the voice overlay, and maybe allow you to use a direct joystick button mapping for push to talk.

I am genuinely curious what problems anyone may be having with it, as it should be fairly turnkey.



The app is also more stable than the browser. I'd recommend downloading the app since it is more customizable and reliable.

User avatar
*Al*
Expert
Expert
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 am
CMDR: *Al*

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby *Al* » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:10 am

Morgan Bateson wrote:Sorry to hear about that, figuring how to help without exactly knowing what goes on at the other end ....

Does this vid help?

https://youtu.be/cQovVJI2F7E



Thank you, I will give it another go
Been said beTor that it is bad Khama, so go on and take the Mikey.
Have at it and let loose the Dawgs of Lor.....

User avatar
*Al*
Expert
Expert
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 am
CMDR: *Al*

Re: New Discord Server!

Postby *Al* » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:20 am

Got it - thank you. Now if there was anyone to talk with....
Been said beTor that it is bad Khama, so go on and take the Mikey.
Have at it and let loose the Dawgs of Lor.....


Return to “News and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

i