The place for you to catch the latest news
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: The Jaques Rescue Mission

Postby Jeffers2112 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:24 am

I'm nearly 20kly away on the far side of Sag A.
Got no weapons or cargo capacity but I might head over that way, and hope that it's still there when I arrive!

Golem
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Cmdr GolemXIV

Postby Golem » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Under 4k ly awaay from JS

Golem
Novice
Novice

Postby Golem » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:18 pm

I reached JS yesterday. Only the mission board, galnet and the community market is working.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cometborne » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Congratulations on making it. Are missions available, or is the board empty except for the community goals?
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Golem
Novice
Novice

Postby Golem » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:51 pm

It is empty, it shows only the cg´s

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:49 am

Golem wrote:It is empty, it shows only the cg´s

I've just found out about this CG.

Wow, just wow. Congrats on that trip!

How long did it take, and is your ship too damaged to return?
Are there any tips you can give to a prospective explorer on their way out? I'm in my planetary-exploration Asp Explorer right now. Can hop into my Exploraconda or Explorca if either would be a better trip.

I'm just curious, if 3 weeks, 6 days, enough time to get there? I go to 300-500Ly systems regularly, but take a few hours because I'm a fan of scan and go.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0pf ... 18aBMk8Q==
Was tinkering with this Exploraconda build, since it offers good tonnage and range, or so I think.

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:25 am

Darr Valen wrote:How long did it take, and is your ship too damaged to return?

I flew out there on July 2nd/3rd on a rather inefficient course causing me to travel 25k or 26k LY instead of the 22k LY needed. That took about 18 hours of stick time, basically doing just honk/scoop/jump. My profile and flight maps on EDSM are public, feel free to take a look and have a laugh.

I arrived at Jaques with 98% hull left, and decided to view the sights in the neighbourhood (Sag A*, GA) before returning home. That part of the trip is taking much longer, since I started scanning all the major bodies for the first part of the trip from Jaques to Sag A*, and then went into "DSS everything" mode until I reached the GA. Unsurprisingly, progress was slow. Since then, I am only scanning the main star and any bodies that happen to be in scanner range from there. Progress is faster now, and I should be back in the bubble sometime during the weekend.

Darr Valen wrote:Are there any tips you can give to a prospective explorer on their way out? I'm in my planetary-exploration Asp Explorer right now. Can hop into my Exploraconda or Explorca if either would be a better trip.
I'm just curious, if 3 weeks, 6 days, enough time to get there? I go to 300-500Ly systems regularly, but take a few hours because I'm a fan of scan and go.

If you do not have it already, get an EDSM account, install ED Discovery, link the two, and enable data feeding from and to EDSM. Making your flight logs and travel maps public is optional. Use the route plotter of ED Discovery with a jump range of 1000 LY to do your rough plotting, fiddle with the route settings if the results contain star names of WAYPOINT, then use the in-game route plotter to follow these waypoints.

The in-game route plotter will start to act up once you get reasonably near the core, read this thread for an explanation what goes wrong and how to work around the problem. One of the last posts in that thread has a link to an Excel sheet on drop box that allows easy calculation of your current magic number.

There is an expedition of about 200 commanders leaving for Jaques on Sunday July 24th at 1900 game time, see this thread for details. I will not be taking off with them since I want to use my cutter for my next trips to Jaques while the CG is running (and to eventually punch my ticket for the 65k club), and I really need to do something about its FSD first.

Golem
Novice
Novice

Postby Golem » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:23 pm

It took me roughly 20h of pure flighttime to JS. Hull is down to 98%, depends on how carefully i fly. Anyway i got 2 repairunits with me. Flying back now, but without signing in to the cg.

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:35 am

Curious as to what commodities Jaques is accepting. Is it only the CG stuffs? Curious as to what Soontill Relics might sell for all the way out there. Not like I'd exclusively go out there to sell them, unless it's like a free Cutter per Relic.

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:00 am

All commodity markets should allow selling all commodities that are not illegal or stolen, so you should be able to sell your rare goods at Jaques. However, the prices for rare goods stop rising after a certain point, so your profit on your Soontill Relics will probably not be much higher than the galactic average. See this thread on the FDev Forum for details and the math. I played with the linked spreadsheet, and the profit after 22000 LY is not much higher than the profit after 200 LY :(

Return to “News and Announcements”