Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Crimson
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Crimson Paladin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Elite Dangerous Newsletter #126

Postby Crimson » Sat May 28, 2016 3:21 am

Does combat seem A LOT tougher to anyone else after 1.6?

I've had more rebuys in the last two days than I've had since I started. Parked my Anaconda so I could learn the ropes a bit better (and less expensively) in my Python.

Sheesh... It's tough out there!

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sat May 28, 2016 7:08 am

Crimson wrote:Does combat seem A LOT tougher to anyone else after 1.6?

I've had more rebuys in the last two days than I've had since I started. Parked my Anaconda so I could learn the ropes a bit better (and less expensively) in my Python.

That was the whole point of the AI update in 2.1 Engineers. To make Elite Dangerous now.

No offence to you Crimson, but I have seen so many of these posts lately I have to wonder if anyone follows the forums here or the Regular FD forums or Reddit.
It has been the topic of discussion since the Beta's started (That an RNG Engineers). There have been about a hundred threads on the main FD Forum on the topic of the new AI since the first Beta dropped at the beginning of May. (That is not an exaggeration) They have told us it was coming. They told us in Posts, Videos, Newsletters.

I just find it strange that there is a large part of the player-base that seems shocked that this is happening. Are players like me that tend to keep track of the goings on in games I love to play, the exception to the rule?
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Sat May 28, 2016 7:22 am

Loriath wrote:
Crimson wrote:Does combat seem A LOT tougher to anyone else after 1.6?

That was the whole point of the AI update in 2.1 Engineers. To make Elite Dangerous now.

No offence to you Crimson, but I have seen so many of these posts lately I have to wonder if anyone follows the forums here or the Regular FD forums or Reddit.
It has been the topic of discussion since the Beta's started (That an RNG Engineers). There have been about a hundred threads on the main FD Forum on the topic of the new AI since the first Beta dropped at the beginning of May. (That is not an exaggeration) They have told us it was coming. They told us in Posts, Videos, Newsletters.

I just find it strange that there is a large part of the player-base that seems shocked that this is happening. Are players like me that tend to keep track of the goings on in games I love to play, the exception to the rule?

You're essentially answering your own question. Yes, you are an exception. Most gamers never bother tracking forums etc much. Also, frontier's forums are a jungle, most people will try to go there initially for some pointers and then quickly stop visiting. Overall, you get the picture. In the end, many players do not like this sudden difficulty increase and they just do the simplest thing, voicing their concerns just like I did already and lead me to park my ships for an unknown amount of time. If I stop having fun with a game, I stop playing it.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sat May 28, 2016 10:21 am

charlie2alpha wrote:You're essentially answering your own question. Yes, you are an exception. Most gamers never bother tracking forums etc much. Also, frontier's forums are a jungle, most people will try to go there initially for some pointers and then quickly stop visiting. Overall, you get the picture. In the end, many players do not like this sudden difficulty increase and they just do the simplest thing, voicing their concerns just like I did already and lead me to park my ships for an unknown amount of time. If I stop having fun with a game, I stop playing it.

But there are so many sources for the info now. Besides official forums, there were TONNES of Twitch Streams and Youtube Videos, Reddit, etc... That is a LOT of resources besides the official ones.

And obviously if they are complaining on Forums, they have an account. I wonder if most just make the accounts for when they have issues, and never really use them for any other reason.

Either Way, Elite got Dangerous :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Sat May 28, 2016 11:01 am

Loriath wrote:
charlie2alpha wrote:You're essentially answering your own question. Yes, you are an exception. Most gamers never bother tracking forums etc much. Also, frontier's forums are a jungle, most people will try to go there initially for some pointers and then quickly stop visiting. Overall, you get the picture. In the end, many players do not like this sudden difficulty increase and they just do the simplest thing, voicing their concerns just like I did already and lead me to park my ships for an unknown amount of time. If I stop having fun with a game, I stop playing it.

But there are so many sources for the info now. Besides official forums, there were TONNES of Twitch Streams and Youtube Videos, Reddit, etc... That is a LOT of resources besides the official ones.

And obviously if they are complaining on Forums, they have an account. I wonder if most just make the accounts for when they have issues, and never really use them for any other reason.

Either Way, Elite got Dangerous :P

My experience in my other forums, not even game forums, shows exactly that! The average Joe will lock up the existence of such forums and communities only when they have a problem. For many people keeping track of such things is too much work and time that they prefer to give elsewhere. Long story short, the majority treats Elite: Dangerous like another casual game, they don't want to bother. And the latest changes require much more commitment that before in order to progress. So I see it as inevitable for many players who expected something relatively easy to drop out fast.

In all, it's FD's choice to satisfy the long time players, the more hardcore ones and facing alienation from the casual, weekend warrior. Business decision...

Geopan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ger Panagon

Postby Geopan » Sat May 28, 2016 3:25 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:In all, it's FD's choice to satisfy the long time players, the more hardcore ones and facing alienation from the casual, weekend warrior. Business decision...

Good point right there.

+1

Crimson
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Crimson Paladin

Postby Crimson » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:45 am

No offense taken. I think you're correct in your line of thinking. I don't check the forums or keep up with all the news. I can read or I can play. I play. Then I bitch :) ...

It was a bit of an adjustment but I must say I love it now. And you're right - it does feel more dangerous!

Return to “News and Announcements”