Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Beta 6 Update.....

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu May 19, 2016 3:53 pm

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3914898
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by smartroad on Thu May 19, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky for 5 days and added in change log (hope you don't mind Karma!)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Beta 6 Update.....

Postby JohnLuke » Thu May 19, 2016 10:49 pm

After a short 30 minute RES session, I like what I see from the NPC's combat style. :) More challenging than 2.0, but not frustrating like some of the earlier beta versions.

Love the new graphics and sounds for combat! 8-)

If you do PP and RES hunting, be prepared for some tough sessions with winged ships from opposing powers lighting you up. :o
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri May 20, 2016 12:26 am

I gave it a go for about 30 minutes myself. I don't mind more difficult AI, but I'm still disappointed than a deadly Dropship with a 2 agility seems to maneuver as well as a Vulture with a 9 agility, and it can fire off SCB after SCB until it rams me and takes down my shields. Even with engineer upgrades, I don't think a Dropship is supposed to be able to maneuver like that.

If a smaller fighter loses it's advantage of maneuverability, then what's the point of flying one?
It's time to give this another go.

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Fri May 20, 2016 1:51 am

As a drop ship pilot, I can say it is surprising what we CAN do, but it is very much a case of anticipating where the ship is going to strafe to. They turn on a dime, but slide like a bus on ice. They really shouldn't be outmaneuvering anything short of a type 7 or an Orca.
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri May 20, 2016 12:58 pm

JohnLuke wrote:If you do PP and RES hunting, be prepared for some tough sessions with winged ships from opposing powers lighting you up. :o

I've probably asked before, and been answered, but I can't remember crap these days and things may have changed. Anyway, do ships from opposing powers come into your PP area, or do you need to visit theirs for them to attack you?

Regardless of PP, it seems that being in wings may be advised just to deal with the tougher AI, especially in a HazRES.
It's time to give this another go.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Other PP faction's ships can and will come into your Power's area. I've seen several wings of enemy faction ships in RES in ALD systems, as well as ALD NPC's fighting them.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “News and Announcements”