The place for you to catch the latest news
IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Beta 5 Update

Postby IronDuke » Wed May 18, 2016 3:51 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Well.... it looks like I may not be playing beta 5. Can't get the damn thing to download properly. I've had the "Failed to read from response stream. Network connection closed." errors, the Validation error message when downloading in the launcher, (yes I've taken the proper steps from the support page to resolve the errors) and then when all goes well during the download, the launcher will sit there saying "sync files <1m" freaking forever and not finish. I've been tinkering with it for hours and I'm fed up. :x

Good thing my regular version of ED still works.

I had the same problem, and followed all the online advice (which did not work). In the end I discovered that it was a simple case of not having enough disk space. If you have a split setup like O/S on C: and Data elsewhere, it might be worth checking.
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed May 18, 2016 4:07 pm

IronDuke wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Just make sure you are not in an FDL like me........

I cannot land anywhere.....Something wrong with the ship modelling.......

So I cannot switch ship......

Dying just brings me back to the station which does not have a shipyard......Free sidey is ages away from where I am Now......

So stuck until Beta 6...Whenever that will be......

:(

Definitely a problem. I had the same issue - mostly - if you are over the landing pad wait till the rings go blue and force down with the thrusters. You might bounce around a bit but eventually it catches and you land. Just force the <female doggy> down.

Tried that.....A few times......Would not go below 3M......

I cant even land on the planet surface........

Gonna try a few more times tonight....I have already lost 2 ships trying diff ways to land.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Postby IronDuke » Wed May 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
IronDuke wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Just make sure you are not in an FDL like me........

I cannot land anywhere.....Something wrong with the ship modelling.......

So I cannot switch ship......

Dying just brings me back to the station which does not have a shipyard......Free sidey is ages away from where I am Now......

So stuck until Beta 6...Whenever that will be......

:(

Definitely a problem. I had the same issue - mostly - if you are over the landing pad wait till the rings go blue and force down with the thrusters. You might bounce around a bit but eventually it catches and you land. Just force the <female doggy> down.

Tried that.....A few times......Would not go below 3M......

I cant even land on the planet surface........

Gonna try a few more times tonight....I have already lost 2 ships trying diff ways to land.....

I had to move the ship around a bit with thrusters and yaw. Then when the rings went blue hit the down thrusters.
Also, I remember reading on the Frontier forums last night that somebody did the same thing and determined that it was the amount of force you hit the pad with (although I am not totally convinced). Anyway, good luck ..
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed May 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Well that's good.......

1st time tonight I try to land and the DC brings me in perfect.......Hmmmmm....Did they do sthg ???

Although I did notice it was a diff pad from last night........Maybe something I read was right...That it was assigning the wrong size pad to the FDL.....

But I'm happy.....Now to swap ships and try and try some planetary stuff.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: RE: Re: Beta 5 Update

Postby JohnLuke » Wed May 18, 2016 4:44 pm

IronDuke wrote:

I had the same problem, and followed all the online advice (which did not work). In the end I discovered that it was a simple case of not having enough disk space. If you have a split setup like O/S on C: and Data elsewhere, it might be worth checking.

Thanks, I'll check that later today. I'm 98% sure that I have plenty of space, but you never know.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed May 18, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm having the same problem as JohnLuke.

Today I tried uninstalling the client installer and downloading a new one, but I couldn't find a new one, so I just reinstalled the latest one I had. That didn't work. Then I tried the alternate download option from the installer. This time it took about 5 minutes to finish d/l something, but it still failed in the same way. Oh well, I really wasn't interested in playing the beta anymore - just checking a few things. At least the regular game still works. This is the first time I've had any issues with upgrades (except once a keybindings file issue). :(
It's time to give this another go.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Well tonight I was just out POI hunting in the buggy......

Had a cargo worth about 250,000....

Just about to land at another POI and A clipper flew in and demanded my cargo....

Clipper with Plasmas no less......I'm in a paper shielded Keelback.....

One rebuy screen later.....

Pirated on the planet......

Something else to be aware of......

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Wed May 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I'm having the same problem as JohnLuke.

Bummer Roger Wilco, but at least it's not just me. :roll:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Wed May 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I'm having the same problem as JohnLuke.

Well.... now it downloaded and installed just fine.

This morning right before leaving for work, I cleared my Internet Explorer cache based on a tip for someone having trouble with the launcher in another message thread. (It seems weird, I know) After work I tried to upgrade 2.1 beta and it worked like a charm. Maybe it's worth a try for others that are having the same issue.

BTW, I use Chrome browser 99% of the time.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed May 18, 2016 11:32 pm

JohnLuke wrote:This morning right before leaving for work, I cleared my Internet Explorer cache based on a tip for someone having trouble with the launcher in another message thread. (It seems weird, I know) After work I tried to upgrade 2.1 beta and it worked like a charm. Maybe it's worth a try for others that are having the same issue.

BTW, I use Chrome browser 99% of the time.

Well slap my ass can call me Sally - that worked! I don't even use IE. :P

Thanks for the tip! :)

BTW, I use Firefox for the keyboard shortcuts (I miss DOS).
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “News and Announcements”