The place for you to catch the latest news
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Beta Update 4

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu May 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Beta Update 4

Postby Falcon_D » Fri May 13, 2016 3:44 am

Cutter paintjobs???

Yes!!!!

Have fun, fly safe. o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 13, 2016 9:12 am

Falcon_D wrote:Cutter paintjobs???

Yes!!!!

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Well... it said "fixed Cutter paint jobs". You got me all excited there for a minute. :P

Glad to see that they fixed the chat log. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 am

I hope they remember to dial back the stroboscopic light show during hyperjumps. The game has become unplayable for me. :(

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri May 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Well In my Python and Asp they have not......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri May 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Well In my Python and Asp they have not......

Read "over there" that they will be dialing it back for 5.0

Bonsaipanda
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Bonsaipanda

Postby Bonsaipanda » Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that the menu system for the Engineers is a bit messy or that there should be a new tab in the bottom center menu that says "Upgrades" that lists all the perks that your modules have? And how the "View Engineers" button is completely out of place?

Not that related to this beta version, just thinking out loud while reading the notes ...
ImageImage

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Fri May 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Bonsaipanda wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that the menu system for the Engineers is a bit messy or that there should be a new tab in the bottom center menu that says "Upgrades" that lists all the perks that your modules have? And how the "View Engineers" button is completely out of place?

Not that related to this beta version, just thinking out loud while reading the notes ...

Agree. At least put the Engineers button on the Contacts tab.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Fri May 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Just out of interest - This "engineers" thing seems to allow changes to the nature of your ship's loadout - better weapons, stronger shields etc:

Is this all still balanced? Are people who haven't bought in to Horizons going to be at a disadvantage because the other ships will probably be carrying better weapons? Or are there matching pros and cons such as with the bi-weave shields- stronger, but supposedly take longer to charge?

(I say "supposedly" because they are better shields, of course they will take longer to charge. If you get 100% more shield but charging to capacity takes 100% longer, that's not balanced. If you get 100% more but it takes (say) 250% longer, that's balanced.)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri May 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Gorf wrote:Just out of interest - This "engineers" thing seems to allow changes to the nature of your ship's loadout - better weapons, stronger shields etc:

Is this all still balanced? Are people who haven't bought in to Horizons going to be at a disadvantage because the other ships will probably be carrying better weapons? Or are there matching pros and cons such as with the bi-weave shields- stronger, but supposedly take longer to charge?

(I say "supposedly" because they are better shields, of course they will take longer to charge. If you get 100% more shield but charging to capacity takes 100% longer, that's not balanced. If you get 100% more but it takes (say) 250% longer, that's balanced.)

I think in reality, yes, non-horizons players will be at a disadvantage if they run into modified ships. However, much depends (in PVE) on how many NPCs carry modifications, if it's reasonably frequent (FD have said it is rare we'll have to see), coupled with the new AI and no way to modify your ship and it could get nasty.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “News and Announcements”