The place for you to catch the latest news
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Beta update 3

Postby Loriath » Wed May 11, 2016 2:13 pm

One thing I have been wondering, if you scan another ship and look at sub-systems, is there a way to tell if they have engineer-modded items? So if I see an ship with modified shields, I can see that and change my tactics to suit the fight?
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed May 11, 2016 2:21 pm

de Carabas wrote:It's reported quite a few times in the bug section. Appears to be certain ships (Python and Asp I think).

Ah. I'm in my trusted Python. :) The disco lights are hideous no matter though... :)

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Wed May 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Loriath wrote:One thing I have been wondering, if you scan another ship and look at sub-systems, is there a way to tell if they have engineer-modded items? So if I see an ship with modified shields, I can see that and change my tactics to suit the fight?

I remember that being asked (in one of the video's I think). I'm fairly sure the answer was yes you could see it was modified but wouldn't be able to tell in what way.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed May 11, 2016 2:42 pm

de Carabas wrote:
Bonsaipanda wrote:The temporary fixes to Engineer's needed resources sound fishy.

Stop carping on. This is an area to not be koi about.
Let's hope they don't skate over any bugs this time round.

Good cod, have you quite finished? obviously it will get rescaled when it goes live. Hope it's not another damp squid though. I'm going to try looking at things from a positive angler. I'm not going do get all crabby about it. I think when I get annoye with ED I can get a bit puffered up.

But for all intents and porpoises we all want the best for ED. Behind each cloud there's always a ray of sunshine. Yeah the game might flounder from time to time and frame rates might drop in various plaices but it should improve with each upskate.

And if the AI does develop further, wobbegong anyone who enters combat unprepared.

Fry safe!
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed May 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:Good cod, have you quite finished? obviously it will get rescaled when it goes live. Hope it's not another damp squid though. I'm going to try looking at things from a positive angler. I'm not going do get all crabby about it. I think when I get annoye with ED I can get a bit puffered up.

But for all intents and porpoises we all want the best for ED. Behind each cloud there's always a ray of sunshine. Yeah the game might flounder from time to time and frame rates might drop in various plaices but it should improve with each upskate.

And if the AI does develop further, wobbegong anyone who enters combat unprepared.

Fry safe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPlO0KSpjE

;)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed May 11, 2016 3:14 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Avago-Earo wrote:Good cod, have you quite finished? obviously it will get rescaled when it goes live. Hope it's not another damp squid though. I'm going to try looking at things from a positive angler. I'm not going do get all crabby about it. I think when I get annoye with ED I can get a bit puffered up.

Fry safe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPlO0KSpjE

;)

Sorry, I had too. Anyway, Globus, I like to follow the Manta 'To Each Their Own' How are you anyway?
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed May 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:Sorry, I had too. Anyway, Globus, I like to follow the Manta 'To Each Their Own' How are you anyway?

I'm good my friend. Spring/Summer is always good for me. :) Glad to see you are about, and causing a stir...

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed May 11, 2016 3:40 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Avago-Earo wrote:Sorry, I had too. Anyway, Globus, I like to follow the Manta 'To Each Their Own' How are you anyway?

I'm good my friend. Spring/Summer is always good for me. :) Glad to see you are about, and causing a stir...

I'm good too. Bit showery here in south England but it's summery and it makes things so much better. You playing much? Got a mate staying so might play the Beta with him. Show him the basic controls and guide (laugh) him through the flight mechanics. Maybe see you out there old chum!
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed May 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:I'm good too. Bit showery here in south England but it's summery and it makes things so much better. You playing much? Got a mate staying so might play the Beta with him. Show him the basic controls and guide (laugh) him through the flight mechanics. Maybe see you out there old chum!

No, not playing much lately. Got my eye on a VR ready build and still on the fence about which HMD. Saving my pennies, as I want to play E: D in VR. :)

Fly safe bud

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed May 11, 2016 4:01 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Avago-Earo wrote:I'm good too. Bit showery here in south England but it's summery and it makes things so much better. You playing much? Got a mate staying so might play the Beta with him. Show him the basic controls and guide (laugh) him through the flight mechanics. Maybe see you out there old chum!

No, not playing much lately. Got my eye on a VR ready build and still on the fence about which HMD. Saving my pennies, as I want to play E: D in VR. :)

Fly safe bud

Yeah I'm looking at the Razer HDK. Seems more affordable.
"Wibble"

Return to “News and Announcements”