The place for you to catch the latest news
Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Community Spotlight: Mobius

Postby Jack Dunhill » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Next time someone says it's Elite:Dangerous, we should just say that we have raised above dangerous rank in Mobius group... :D

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Jack Dunhill wrote:Next time someone says it's Elite:Dangerous, we should just say that we have raised above dangerous rank in Mobius group... :D

:lol: I find it amusing, I have been under the impression that the 'Dangerous' of ED is simply because Dangerous is one of the ranks to get to Elite. Elite: Mostly Harmless or Elite: Master just dont have the same ring :D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:32 pm

smartroad wrote:
Jack Dunhill wrote:Next time someone says it's Elite:Dangerous, we should just say that we have raised above dangerous rank in Mobius group... :D

:lol: I find it amusing, I have been under the impression that the 'Dangerous' of ED is simply because Dangerous is one of the ranks to get to Elite. Elite: Mostly Harmless or Elite: Master just dont have the same ring :D

Exactly, in fact it relates to the Elite Pilots Federation, a sub-section of the Pilots Federation, which, after the increase in pirate activity, lowered its entry level to Deadly and then to Dangerous, hence the name of the game.

To quote from the Wiki -

It’s not surprising that an organization founded on status, and with such influence and power, has several cliques (The Dark Wheel being the most infamous). Or that those of Elite rank have further exploited their status and the incredible demand for their services, by forming an organization within an organization; the Elite Pilots Federation.

Relentless, increasingly well organized piracy and the need to maintain their reputation and influence as the best of the best caused the Elite Pilots Federation to start opening its membership to candidates from the Deadly rank who were able to pass a rigorous test and then, as demand continued to soar, to those from the Dangerous rank.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Bonsaipanda
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Bonsaipanda

Postby Bonsaipanda » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:56 am

Phillipus wrote:"carebear" will undoubtedly make an appearance.

It is a strange term. And this is coming from a bear. That cares.
The term is a little black and white, tbh. But then again, so am I.
ImageImage

MiniverCheevy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hallan Meras

Postby MiniverCheevy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:46 am

It's interesting to see the Fox-isms entering the argument style. When a bully recognises that decent folks don't like to think of themselves as bullies, they are quick to leverage this to their advantage that any criticisms of their philosophy is bullying. This comes from a recognition of their own insignificance. I'd be very surprised if the SDC and groups like it total more than 250 users. Compared to the 20k+ members of Mobius they _are_ insignificant. This scares the crap out of them, but it's nothing new. Bullies have always been hugely out numbered.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Edit: spelling correction

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:07 pm

I may have misunderstood him, but some guy asked why a T6 hardpoints, so that's not an excuse to not be ready to defend yourself. LOL, I can tell you 2x small hardpoints aren't worth much against most NPC, let alone A-rated FDLs and FASes set up for PVP. I'd say on a T6 the hardponts are for mining lasers. :roll:

I can see why PVP guys get bored with everybody flying the same ships with the same capabilities. If you fly something else, you lose PVP. So you generally end up in a face off slug fest to see who can last longer. Boring. No wonder they turn to griefing to get their cheap thrills. It really seems that Arena should be much more fun for PVP rather than being a bully. I suppose it's just immaturity.
It's time to give this another go.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Forgive my naivety but what is "vote brigading"? The thread on Reddit is locked because of it.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:16 am

smartroad wrote:Forgive my naivety but what is "vote brigading"? The thread on Reddit is locked because of it.

https://reddit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205192985

What constitutes vote cheating or vote manipulation?

Vote manipulation is against the Reddit rules, whether it is manual, programmatic, or otherwise. Some common forms of vote cheating are:

• Using multiple accounts, voting services, or any other software to increase or decrease vote scores.
  • Asking people to vote up or down certain posts, either on Reddit itself or through social networks, messaging, etc. for personal gain.
  • Forming or joining a group that votes together, either on a specific post, a user's posts, posts from a domain, etc.

Cheating or attempting to manipulate voting will result in your account being banned. Don't do it.

Return to “News and Announcements”