Eurogamer article: "Griefers or saviours? The Elite Dangerous players causing a rift in space"

The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Eurogamer article: "Griefers or saviours? The Elite Dangerous players causing a rift in space"

Postby Xebeth » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:42 pm

Well the article is having an unexpected positive effect, already welcoming new Commanders to the group as a direct consequence of them finding out about us for the first time from reading it.

Welcome new Commanders
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Eurogamer article: "Griefers or saviours? The Elite Dangerous players causing a rift in space"

Postby Mobius » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:06 pm

an interesting read, what I did notice is the constant inconsistency with SDC quotes, one min they are saying they are doing things for a reason and next they are doing it for the lols.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Mobius wrote:an interesting read, what I did notice is the constant inconsistency with SDC quotes, one min they are saying they are doing things for a reason and next they are doing it for the lols.

The only reason the Sucks a D Codpieces do anything, is because they wake up every morning and say to themselves, "I choose to be an a-hole. How can I be the best a-hole I can be today?".

Seriously, there is no reason. They simply choose to be that way.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:34 am

https://youtu.be/FMf_jlhZ68g
This was posted in the comments on the post on Facebook regarding this article.
I think it sums up these groups quite well.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Postby Macklroy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:22 am

Aimlessly attacking players in a PvE oriented simulation and soap boxing that you are improving the community and that the game 'will die out' if you are not there is about as delusional as it gets. And to join a PvE specific private group with full intention of attacking players while maybe not a direct ToS violation. It's not acceptable in ANY way, shape or form. And to read as they attempt to defend their actions is nothing short of pathetic. Standard bully/harassment behavior.
At least the article will expose these cretins for who they really are to those that are intelligent enough to see through the BS. We may even gain a few more members out of it. :)
And for this I am grateful. Thanks SDC for improving my game!

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:29 am

Mobius wrote:an interesting read, what I did notice is the constant inconsistency with SDC quotes, one min they are saying they are doing things for a reason and next they are doing it for the lols.

Most likely because they are a non organized group. So no one really knows what the heck is going on.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:47 am

Macklroy wrote:Aimlessly attacking players in a PvE oriented simulation and soap boxing that you are improving the community and that the game 'will die out' if you are not there is about as delusional as it gets. And to join a PvE specific private group with full intention of attacking players while maybe not a direct ToS violation. It's not acceptable in ANY way, shape or form. And to read as they attempt to defend their actions is nothing short of pathetic. Standard bully/harassment behavior.
At least the article will expose these cretins for who they really are to those that are intelligent enough to see through the BS. We may even gain a few more members out of it. :)
And for this I am grateful. Thanks SDC for improving my game!

may gain a few members? only Liam knows what's going on in game but i've been accepting new join requests for the facebook group all day, as always with this type of stuff the publicity they give the group works against their stated aims as it only serves to drive more players to join us in game.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:36 am

Yes an interesting read......

I personally have no qualms with PVP......But not in this group......I chose not to play that way.....

And I do not consider 4 v 1 as PVP.....That is mugging.....

And to do that in a group where they KNOW people are going to be unprepared does make them arseholes.....

Why people insist on giving these people attention is beyond me......THAT is what they want.....So they can read articles/posts about themselves, get a boner and knock one out.......

If people wanna give attention to something...Give it to the A-Team.....We're Arseholes......But cute and cuddly ones......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:51 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Why people insist on giving these people attention is beyond me......THAT is what they want.....So they can read articles/posts about themselves, get a boner and knock one out.......

Perhaps we could all agree to never mention them or their exploits again - perhaps even add this prohibition to the Mobius Group rules.

MiniverCheevy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hallan Meras

Postby MiniverCheevy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Having read the article a few things stood out to me. First is the idea promoted bt Frontier during the fund raising stage, that it was to be a game where the user could play how they wanted. This is clear from the four tiers: solo, private, public and arena. The problem I have with SDC is that they insist theirs is the only way to play the game and if people disagree with them, too bad, they'll invade their game and force them to play the way SDC thinks it should be played. We had a name for people that played games like that when I was a kid, that name was "asshole".

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Return to “News and Announcements”