The place for you to catch the latest news
Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: First bonus for playing in OPEN coming to PP

Postby Walter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:19 am

Jack Dunhill wrote:I don't really care PP either, but im now trying it to get cool new stuff and i really think large portion of PP players are the same. :D

I basicly get why some folks think PP should be PvP style gameplay, heck even if i'm not into PvP myself i could accept some player attacking me because we serve opposing powers. (But those folks who attack players for no reason at all i really dont understand)

So when they say that this bonus does not apply to personal gain, only power gains to expand, fortify etc i dont think it makes that much differnce to average player. My main concern is the fact they are thinking of giving ANY bonuses to one mode over others.

You may be right in that most people won't be directly affected. But one of the concerns is that this is the end of a very thin wedge.

I too think that most players don't care about PP per se and just take part for the toys they can get out of it. But those who play just the BGS can make exactly the same complaint: most players are unconscious of the effect of their striving for bigger ships and bigger guns has on the daily running of systems. Many of the problems identified as afflicting PP can also be seen, at a smaller scale admittedly, in the BGS arena, so at what point do the devs step in again to say: this isn't being played the way it's supposed to be, we'll have to put in more mode differences to force a balance?

One of the key straplines when launching the program was 'Blaze your own trail'. Unfortunately, many players have been trying to do that in ways the devs did not foresee and now there are groups of players - PP strivers, BGS fanatics, explorers, bounty hunters, traders (all groups overlapping in some vast Venn diagram) - who have all developed their play style using what they have been given.

For all these players, changing what they see as key parts that will have an impact on the game they play has serious consequences.

I get the feeling that PP and CQC are pet projects that will be forced to succeed whether the majority of players support them or not.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Jack Dunhill » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:03 am

Good point, i never even thought about what effects my doing shadow missions and bounty hunting has on the bigger scale. Well i have made sure none of my actions harm Order of Möbius intrests, but that's about it.

They really need to figure out a way to make that stuff "matter" more.

*EDIT*

Well actually i kind have pledged to "power" and it's Order of Möbius, i try to do my best to look after it's intrests.
So in that way, i do understand those folks that are in to PP.
Last edited by Jack Dunhill on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:05 am

CQC is a quick revenue stream which is separate from the main game.
IMUHO PP will fail because it is failing (forgive me QPQ). It is a waste of resource to try to save it for a minimal amount of players.

Again, the major problem needs to be prioritised.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:58 am

PP is about to completely breakdown anyway. AD is being destroyed from within. The same people who prepared Chnumar(a very bad system) to the tune of billions of credits have now put the faction onto a downward spiral that will see it losing several good systems for the next few cycles.

No effective counter & no idea whose doing it. Plus the list of the most likely suspects are fellow Imperial factions which is why the AD leadership has bunkered down in layers of secured Slack channels. Virtually nothing is being posted on the AD reddit forum anymore compared to the other powers.

I'll give this PP thing another week or two then if FD doesn't fix the broken mechanics - I'm giving it up and will just play the BGS. Less interdictions would be very welcome.

Good riddance.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Sandro has added clarification, but has not really changed anything he was saying:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3680532
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer

Postby Nethaufer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:10 pm

It changes it a bit, it puts a little hope in me that this is ONLY going to be for Powerplay. As he said, Powerplay is one of the things that is there because of the multiplayer ability. However, Powerplay itself is struggling, and not as big as they probably thought it would be. They can try and keep it alive, but so long as it's a small team working on it and it doesn't get pushed ahead of the bigger stuff coming along, I don't particularly care.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:52 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:Sandro has added clarification, but has not really changed anything he was saying:

Thanks for the update. I think (I hope) I'm coming to terms with FD doing what they think is best for their game. When all is said and done E: D is an amazing game.

I think I'll give up arguing for a bit and take a backseat for a while. Fallout 4 needs some attention and Dark Souls 3 is almost here.

And as long as we have Mobius PvE group, I'm not worried. ;)

Fly safe

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:39 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
CMDR Abil Midena wrote:Sandro has added clarification, but has not really changed anything he was saying:

Thanks for the update. I think (I hope) I'm coming to terms with FD doing what they think is best for their game. When all is said and done E: D is an amazing game.

I think I'll give up arguing for a bit and take a backseat for a while. Fallout 4 needs some attention and Dark Souls 3 is almost here.

And as long as we have Mobius PvE group, I'm not worried. ;)

Fly safe

NP. Basically, I have made my concern known, and let a wider group in the FD forums know about the change. Now, I am at the stage of just waiting for the additional bonuses for Open players to be added. When it happens, I'll find something else to play.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Return to “News and Announcements”