Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Frontier takes position on harassment

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:31 pm

At last!

From https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=237761

Zac Antonaci wrote:Hi everyone,

In light of recent issues relating to the way a small collective of players have been approaching and targeting specific private groups and other community events such as charity livestreams, we wanted to reinforce an important part of the existing rules regarding in-game harassment that every player agrees to when creating their account.

We wanted to reiterate some examples regarding the rules of Player harassment. If a player has been blocked from a private group, or a group/individual has taken every step possible to remove a player from their gameplay, then attempting to circumvent this in any fashion is a serious offense and action will be taken accordingly. Attempting to re-establish contact with an individual who has blocked a player through secondary accounts or other methods of attempting to evade the block are against the rules. Action can and will be taken against both the accounts in question and the main accounts of players that we deem to be harassing players through this method.

In addition taking action such as seeking out and targeting specific players purely for the purpose of being disruptive, to cause offence, or to upset players within the community can also be considered harassment. A perfect example of this is deliberately attempting to disrupt public livestreams such as the charity ones mentioned before. This includes, but is not limited to, the capturing of footage and releasing it publically in an attempt to create upset or gain notoriety through the actions listed above.

We have previously stated, and it remains true, that Frontier are not able to manage group specific rules. Players considered to be breaking these group rule sets as established by group moderators should be removed from those groups by said moderators. In addition, running a livestream in Open does invite the potential for players to approach and impact your gameplay and running a livestream in which you are declaring war on another group and they come and take action against you is reasonable and should be expected.

Ultimately it’s about context. The support team can and will review these kinds of offences and will be taking action against accounts that set their entire purpose on harassing players and groups in this way. They are currently investigating a number of incidents and will be dealing directly with any parties involved.

The Frontier Support team take the protection and safety of the community very seriously, they strive to ensure that the game remains fair and friendly. If you feel the need to report an incident, please do get in contact with support via our support site at https://support.frontier.co.uk - please include as much detail of the event as possible.

You can see a copy of the rules that everyone signs up to by creating an account, including harassment, here:
https://www.frontierstore.net/ed-eula/

Thanks for reading.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Frontier takes position on harassment

Postby Xebeth » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:32 pm

About time
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:17 pm

About time.
FD needed to take a proper stand on this or the douchebags would consider it leave to make this into another dickbags-online game.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:49 pm

It's something, but why do I feel they didn't do anything until maybe some charity live stream they were involved with got harassed.

Just curious, with any of the recent incidents, did the players in question "set their entire purpose on harassing players and groups"? I'd think this behavior is just part of the fun for most of these griefers, with power play, consensual PVP, and other ways to play being the majority of their play. So if it wasn't their entire purpose to grief, are they still going to get punished? Hopefully they were just talking about the griefing when referring to "set their entire purpose".
It's time to give this another go.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 am

Finally, thank god. This should buy some breathing time till secure zone mechanics are truly in place. Watch those griefing attempts cut in half soon - not as much fun when there are consequences.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:04 pm

Well, looks like griefing a public live stream is what made FD finally wake up and take notice.
It's one thing to grief private groups or players in game and keeping the publicity within the game community. It's completely another to do your griefing in public where people not within the game's community can see what is being done.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Nice words... :roll:

henry1491
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: PiLhEaD

Postby henry1491 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:It's something, but why do I feel they didn't do anything until maybe some charity live stream they were involved with got harassed...

Human nature alas, until they felt the pain/embarrassment directly they probably didn't really (or were 'too busy' to) understand.

As to whether Zac's somewhat wooly words actually result in any meaningful actions, I'm rather doubtful, but fingers crossed.

Whilst I do respect and admire FDev for all that they have done, they sometimes seem incredibly naive and in some cases their decision making is, erm, 'questionable'.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Very dangerous!

I don't want anyone to think I am disagreeing and therefore harassing them by posting this.
Pretty sure this is a load of legal cods.

Return to “News and Announcements”