Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Oculus Rift update

Postby Xebeth » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 pm

Exciting news for VR fans

Default Elite Dangerous - Oculus Rift update

Hi Everyone,

We know that you’ve been eagerly awaiting news about Elite Dangerous on the Oculus Rift, which is why we’re pleased to be able to confirm that Elite Dangerous' official support for Oculus Rift's launch SDK will be available with the launch of the consumer version of the Oculus Rift.

Oculus made a post about this on their blog, which you can read here: https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/el...r-rift-launch/

Before the Oculus launch we will be releasing an updated Elite Dangerous build which will contains support for the latest Oculus SDK, available at no additional charge. All of the existing and future customers that have an Oculus Rift consumer headset will be able to use it.

For our existing and future players who wish to migrate over to the Oculus Store, they will be able to get a free code from the Frontier Store (as they do with Steam keys currently) .

In addition, the Oculus Store will be selling a Deluxe Edition bundle which will include Elite Dangerous, Elite Dangerous Horizons Season Pass, a starter pack of paint jobs and a bobble head. As with Steam, Oculus Store customers will also have to create a Frontier Store account (for no extra charge) as part of the purchase process.

Frontier and Elite Dangerous are at the forefront of VR, and we’re delighted to be able to confirm our support for Oculus Rift when they launch their consumer headset.

As always, I will be on hand answering questions for a while so let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks,

Zac

Original Post
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Oculus Rift update

Postby TorTorden » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Guess I cant wiggle my way out of the rift pre-order then :D

Granted I was late to the party so I probably won't get it until June anyways...

This was just the clear and non cryptic comment I felt missing from FD ok the point of the rift as well as the news I had hoped for.

Come on summer..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:06 am

TorTorden wrote:Granted I was late to the party so I probably won't get it until June anyways...

You mean you didn't order it in the first five minutes? :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:08 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
TorTorden wrote:Granted I was late to the party so I probably won't get it until June anyways...

You mean you didn't order it in the first five minutes? :roll:

Sadly no, took me a 5-7days to decide :\

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:33 am

Very excited to see how this all plays out. Getting some hard facts on performance in Horizons and with what hardware will be nice.

Return to “News and Announcements”