The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: The Mobius Evolution

Postby Xebeth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:11 pm

CMDR AaronWatkins wrote:howdy, i put in a group request for the EU group on the weekend, any idea when it will be accepted?

Not in a rush or anything as i mostly play solo!

It relies on one person to do all the accepts, real life gets in the way sometimes, I'm sure it won't be long
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

CMDR AaronWatkins
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: AaronWatkins
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR AaronWatkins » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 pm

aaaahhhhhhh for some reason i thought it was a different person each day.... one person at all times. wow i can deffo wait!

Killert214
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Killert214

Re: The Mobius Evolution m

Postby Killert214 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Xebeth wrote:
CMDR AaronWatkins wrote:howdy, i put in a group request for the EU group on the weekend, any idea when it will be accepted?

Not in a rush or anything as i mostly play solo!

It relies on one person to do all the accepts, real life gets in the way sometimes, I'm sure it won't be long

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:14 pm

I have requested that frontier server team do a rebalance of the two groups. this means that players who have applied to play in an alternate time zone group will be place back into their own time zone group. this is because we have a small number of players that have membership of both groups. I have also requested that players that have been inactive for more than 6 months be removed. hopefully we will then get a true number of players within our community.

we have needed to do this to make room in the groups for new players and to ensure that all time zone groups are evenly balanced, what this also means is that the Mobius group will lose a few hundred players while the Mobius pve group will gain a few hundred.

also a third Mobius group has been set up but remains inactive, this is for when we begin to approach 40,000 members as the cap on any one group is 20,000. we have not decided yet as to how we will approach this but lets assume it maybe divided into 13,000 per group, obviously this means that each group will all have equal numbers, keep in mind that at the last rebalance we were only 10,000 per group.

the elitepve community continues to grow at 1000 members a month and this hasn't changed since the group was conceived so any short term rebalance will be a minor blip in your gameplay.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:20 am

Any word on better tools to admin the groups?

What about a pve open? Last I got from DB in one of the live stream Q&A's was that "it's a challenge", which made me think it's not really on the list.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:51 am

Thanks for the necessary restructuring of the groups, Mobius. Our continued growth is nothing short of amazing!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:11 am

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:
What about a pve open? Last I got from DB in one of the live stream Q&A's was that "it's a challenge", which made me think it's not really on the list.

Actually I wonder about this.
1. I believe I read somewhere that ED was initially PvE sometime during Alpha. So I assume the PvE code is still in the client somewhere.
2. As it is, the AWS already spawns new server when one gets over crowded.

John Rhys
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: John Rhys

Postby John Rhys » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:17 pm

I've just joined the Forum, because i also wanted to join Mobius. But somehow i am not able to join. Is there a "cap" or something, that new members can't join?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:33 pm

John Rhys wrote:I've just joined the Forum, because i also wanted to join Mobius. But somehow i am not able to join. Is there a "cap" or something, that new members can't join?

Ah, well we are approaching the group size limit and are starting to see some issues, it'll be worth trying again, maybe during a quiet period when there is less server activity.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:27 pm

John Rhys wrote:I've just joined the Forum, because i also wanted to join Mobius. But somehow i am not able to join. Is there a "cap" or something, that new members can't join?

What message did you get when you tried to join? Did you follow the instructions here to join one of our groups? (please select the ONE group that is appropriate for your time zone)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “News and Announcements”