Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

The Mobius Evolution

Postby Mobius » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:35 pm

Greetings Commanders

Our group has come of age and now needs to evolve to remain the go to group for friendly PVE.
20,000 PVE players in one group is an achievement and we should all be very proud of this, I know I am!.
Since the group's inception your group was an instant success and thanks to the PvE community the group grew through word of mouth with very little effort on my part.
The name Mobius became the default word for PvE gaming within the Elite Universe, we have since added a 400 slot teamspeak server, Facebook group, Steam Community, Twitch channel, google+,youtube channel and an online shop.
We also became one of the founders for the Frontier Triple Elite community, all of this is supported by a fantastic support team as without them we wouldn't be where we are today.

Evolution
To remain in constant growth we need to evolve, and we all know growth can be difficult.
Our community covers all time zones with thousands from Europe, Asia and America and all are very active.
To continue growing we have taken the decision with the help from Frontier to create the concept of timezone groups, go with me on this one, according to frontier players that play in the US timezone doesn't often mix with players in the UK timezone.
Knowing that the two timezones are separated so far means that seeing other commanders shouldn't change that much to begin with and should not effect who you see when playing online within your group.
EU players will Remain in the MOBIUS group while the US player will play in the MOBIUS PVE group.
As we grow we will continue to rebalance the two groups to ensure that both groups are populated with like minded players from each of the two time zones.
If at any time you feel that you have been placed into the wrong group please feel free to send a join request to the other group and then make place in the other.
Over the next few months each group will be at the stage we were back in November population wise.

More group Security
Frontier have also given us tools to make our group much more secure against undesirable players wanting to make a name for themselves and we have begun blocking user accounts of known players.
Each time these type of players make themselves known to us we will be able to add their account to our extensive blocked account list.

I hope you understand and embrace what we are attempting and continue supporting us.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Re: The Mobius Evolution

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Very good news on the 'group security' front. If I read that right, a single person will have purchase multiple accounts from FD in order to get back into Mobius once banned. Correct?

I'm a little unclear on the group split though. I get the concept, but with 2 groups, Mobius and Mobius PVE, just out of curiosity, where are the zones split? US has 4 time zones, plus UK, plus some number of other country zones...is why I ask. Is it like East coast US (EST) to Korea is one and the other is West of Korea to the UK? I realize a geographical split doesn't mean even player # split though. Just curious.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:01 pm

I'm curious - has it actually happened that a griefer(s) has bought another account or reset their save and changed their CMDR name in order to re-infiltrate the Mobius group? I guess this is the reasoning behind blocking a user account rather than a known CMDR name. If so, it seems pretty desperate for them to go to all that trouble!

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:03 pm

In this context UK means the European timezones and US actually all the others.

Shiara
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Shiara

Postby Shiara » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:15 pm

So logging in, when I click on Private Group, I will see Mobius PvE instead of the Mobius ( I am in the U.S.), is that pretty much it? Or do I have to apply to Mobius PvE after the split? Same rules across both groups, yes? FB group stays as it is? Just being a curious Cathy here. ;)

I've been down due to hardware issues although I can log into the server to the station, I just cannot play for another...ten days or so.

The group has been absolutely awesome. I have played it exclusively since I got accepted. I am looking forward to a lot more.

Siani/CMDR Shiara
The things I've seen! I wouldn't trade them for the Iridium Throne.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:18 pm

Shiara wrote:So logging in, when I click on Private Group, I will see Mobius PvE instead of the Mobius ( I am in the U.S.), is that pretty much it? Or do I have to apply to Mobius PvE after the split? Same rules across both groups, yes? FB group stays as it is? Just being a curious Cathy here. ;)

I've been down due to hardware issues although I can log into the server to the station, I just cannot play for another...ten days or so.

The group has been absolutely awesome. I have played it exclusively since I got accepted. I am looking forward to a lot more.

Siani/CMDR Shiara

yes, once FD move the accounts over to the new group you will see Mobius PvE instead of the Mobius and that's it. the same rules apply to both groups and all the groups channels (facebook/forum/TS etc) remain common to both groups.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Curiosity satisfied. Thx Wolf.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:39 pm

*Hic*

Errr......Mobius old chap.....

Could you possibly do me a favour......

Kindly bring to FD's attention that Dawg and lori are actually in the U.S and only appear to be in the E.U through proxy bouncing.....

Much appreciated.......

:D

*Slurp*

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:42 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:*Hic*

Errr......Mobius old chap.....

Could you possibly do me a favour......

Kindly bring to FD's attention that Dawg and lori are actually in the U.S and only appear to be in the E.U through proxy bouncing.....

Much appreciated.......

:D

*Slurp*

After the move we will see in which gutter the members of the A-Team ended up, and then drag their sorry behinds back together, ok?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:43 pm

Phillipus wrote:I'm curious - has it actually happened that a griefer(s) has bought another account or reset their save and changed their CMDR name in order to re-infiltrate the Mobius group? I guess this is the reasoning behind blocking a user account rather than a known CMDR name. If so, it seems pretty desperate for them to go to all that trouble!

Some players have indeed been banned with a couple of different accounts, but it doesn’t mean they bought a second account only to come back. And there’s not many of them.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “News and Announcements”