The place for you to catch the latest news
Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: The Mobius Evolution

Postby Mouse » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:22 am

Nethaufer wrote:Gonna be a shame. I reside in the states, but it seems like most of the people I do stuff together with frequently are in the UK. Would be nice if at some point FDev would allow for mixed instancing of the two groups, but who knows if that brings the same issue to front. I guess if we needed to, we could make private groups for easy use between common groups of people we play with. To be honest, now that I came up with that, I view the split as less of an issue than I thought before.

You can request going to the other Mobius Group
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

DragonSoulSong
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Aizria

Postby DragonSoulSong » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:29 am

Nethaufer wrote:Gonna be a shame. I reside in the states, but it seems like most of the people I do stuff together with frequently are in the UK. Would be nice if at some point FDev would allow for mixed instancing of the two groups, but who knows if that brings the same issue to front. I guess if we needed to, we could make private groups for easy use between common groups of people we play with. To be honest, now that I came up with that, I view the split as less of an issue than I thought before.

The irony, right? Through some stroke of fate, I'm in pretty much the same situation myself. ^.^" I have U.S. friends, ofc, but somehow most of my Mobius friends so far are EU.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:30 am

The price of being popular. I guess I'll be placed in the EU group but I wing up with JL sometimes, he'll be placed in the US though. Not very happy with the arrangement, it sounds more a technical inability from FD's part.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:04 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Could you possibly do me a favour......

Kindly bring to FD's attention that Dawg and lori are actually in the U.S and only appear to be in the E.U through proxy bouncing.....

Asshat! :P

Kharma, you have managed to get Dawg and I to buy more rounds than you have and you want to get rid of us? Sober up man, that is not a good plan. :lol:
Falcon_D wrote:Hmm... So the A-team can't drain my credit account anymore? Cool!! :) ... Oh wait... Time zones not known yet :(

Oh we will find a way, of that I can assure you. :D

If FD has the numbers and statistically they can show that the crossover is limited, then it makes sense.

Most people I would imagine play after dinner during the week. 7pm EST is Midnight GMT, so that makes sense. The weekends are a different story, but it all depends on who you regularily play with. And if there is no problems based on friends, then I can see that it may be a benefit as you will see people in your time zone(s).

There have been many times where people come into our wing in a later TZ just as we are getting ready to call it a night which is a little disappointing for the new wingmate.

More importantly than the split is the new tools that will allow us to better take care of issues. That is a great piece of news.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Bowza
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Bowza

Postby Bowza » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:54 am

Will it be based on location of IP for timezone. or the time you are online.

I often play at odd UK times when I have been more with other countries than Europe.

Also will the teamspeak server be segmented to reflect the 2 groups, as no point planning to wing up to find we have to swap to another private group?

Bowza

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 am

sounds like my days with winging up with my friends is over... dang
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Drakonluke
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Drakonluke

Postby Drakonluke » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:15 am

That's good news! More good news! :)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:21 am

Pembroke wrote:sounds like my days with winging up with my friends is over... dang

Come on, guys. It has been said over and over again that you may request joining the other group if that move splits you from your friends. This is not the end of the Universe. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:00 am

charlie2alpha wrote:The price of being popular. I guess I'll be placed in the EU group but I wing up with JL sometimes, he'll be placed in the US though. Not very happy with the arrangement, it sounds more a technical inability from FD's part.

Not to worry, Charlie. Due to my weird work schedule I wing up most of the time with players from the UK, Greece, Belgium, Australia, etc. Although I am in the western US, I will be playing in Mobius because my play time coincides with most players that will be placed in that group. You can't get rid of me that easily. ;)

I think my "non-US" wingmates outnumber my wingmen in the US by 5 to 1 (in my case). It's all due to my work and play schedules, which is fine with me. Although.... some of you guys have some pretty strong accents. :lol: :roll:

But, let's say that I'm playing in Mobius PvE and I see through the in-game friends list (which will still show EVERYONE on your friends list) that one of my American friends is on. If we want to wing up all we have to do is switch to my private group. Easy peasy. And... if I can make a private group, anyone can do it! :P

For players that wing up with guys and gals from other countries often, it may be a good idea to look through these instructions and setup your own private group. That way you've got it ready to go for the next time you want to wing with so-and-so, and he's in the other Mobius group.

Also, as Flip and Wolf keep repeating.... if you find that most of your wingmates are in the other group, just ask to be moved! It's not going to be a big deal, folks.

I am looking forward to the continued growth of our AMAZING group! When I joined last spring, we were at around 7500 members. At that time, the game had been out for a few months and I thought that I would be one of the last noobs here. boy was I wrong!

Who would have ever thought that we'd keep growing at this rate!! 8-) :D :shock:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:57 am

Mobius wrote:...I hope you understand and embrace what we are attempting and continue supporting us.

You know I love this group Mob, but this is a sad day for me. Splitting up a community that by its very nature wants to fly together. Some play in the morning, some at night. This zone argument is hogwash in my opinion.

I for one have friends I fly with from both UK and USA that I know of.

The Mobius PvE group and forum rocks! :) But it really should be rocking within an official Open PvE mode from the main menu. :(

Fly safe all.

Bah...

Return to “News and Announcements”