The place for you to catch the latest news
Wavey
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wavey
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: The Mobius Evolution

Postby Wavey » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 am

GlobusDiablo it has been said in this thread that you can ask to be in both groups .

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:52 am

Wavey wrote:GlobusDiablo it has been said in this thread that you can ask to be in both groups .

I'm sorry Wavey, but in my opinion you are suggesting a patchy "work around" that doesn't deal with the glaring problem at all. Why not just make it right? It's not too late.

Fly safe.

duane656
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jackson Grey

Postby duane656 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:07 am

OK so it could be considered a "patchy work around" for now, but you think now that we (Mobius) have hit this effective cap that FD won't be working on something else in addition to all the other things these guys have in the line. Yes there are going to be people ending up in a place they don't like (or don't want to be), but read what the mod's have said here. If you play mostly with the EU group then ask to move back to it. There appears to be a lot of handwringing over not a lot. FD, I suspect, never imagined that a strictly PvE would be as popular as it is, however short sighted some may consider that. So they are a little behind the curve, this isn't EA we are talking about here, it's one, by comparison, reasonably small development company, with big idea's and a good figurehead (imho). So let's cut them some slack to sort it out in the longer term. Yes there is going to be some pain while things equalise out, but is it going to be that bad?

(edit for spelling)

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:10 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Wavey wrote:GlobusDiablo it has been said in this thread that you can ask to be in both groups .

I'm sorry Wavey, but in my opinion you are suggesting a patchy "work around" that doesn't deal with the glaring problem at all. Why not just make it right? It's not too late.

Fly safe.

I agree with you that the optimal solution is one single group, or to add it as a special PvE mode in the main game. But either they can't do it because of technical reasons or it requires too many development resources or they don't want to do it for reasons unknown to me. And by "they" I always refer to Frontier Dev, the problem comes from them, not Mobius and the rest of the team. E: D has many issues and shortcomings, add this one to the list.

Wavey
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wavey

Postby Wavey » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:23 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:

Fly safe.

I would love a proper PvE mode but we dont have one .I was just letting you know that you could fly with your friends in both groups. :)

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:23 am

charlie2alpha wrote:I agree with you that the optimal solution is one single group, or to add it as a special PvE mode in the main game. But either they can't do it because of technical reasons or it requires too many development resources or they don't want to do it for reasons unknown to me. And by "they" I always refer to Frontier Dev, the problem comes from them, not Mobius and the rest of the team. E: D has many issues and shortcomings, add this one to the list.

Indeed. I thought I was very clear that my grievance was with FD, not the Mobius group and forum.

Some are happy, some are not. I'm not. Others can disagree. I don't really care. ;) :)

Fly safe C2A

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:24 am

Wavey wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:

Fly safe.

I would love a proper PvE mode but we dont have one .I was just letting you know that you could fly with your friends in both groups. :)

Either or, neither nor. Sorry Wavey.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:36 am

I might be wrong as my memory has been known to be fallible but don't MMO's like SW:TOR have multiple servers for PVE and PVP depending on location? If that is the indeed correct, then having Multiple groups make sense if you think of it in terms of that setup. I know that ED is Peer to Peer, but put that aside for the moment.

Logically It makes more sense to split by time zones than by join date as was mentioned previously. I see TZ's being the biggest separation, and it is easily fixed for players that are in the wrong group due to when they play. Not really a big issue for most of the players I would imagine but there will be exceptions.

My question is what Happens when we reach the limits on the second group as well as the first, and we need a third? Have FD made any noise about really looking at a solve for this sort of thing?
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:44 am

Good question Loriath, this split is a short term solution at best.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Flip wrote:
Pembroke wrote:sounds like my days with winging up with my friends is over... dang

Come on, guys. It has been said over and over again that you may request joining the other group if that move splits you from your friends. This is not the end of the Universe. :)

I was thinking my text was invisible or something :p
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “News and Announcements”