The place for you to catch the latest news
Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Lave Radio Interview Mobius Vs SDC

Postby Darwin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:23 am

Listened with one ear while in the CZ last night (the other ear listens for the little one waking up).
At least he did not hide behind the flimsy RP excuses, but the highlighting game issues was just as flimsy.
The bit I laughed at was the 'We are great guys in real life' and going on to say they just enjoy "'sh1@ting in [peoples] cornflakes" and trolling the FD forums for reaction.
Wolf did a grand job.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:57 pm

I do love the suggestions around making cops do their job, aiding bounty hunters, and blocking port access in civilized systems.

I know it's mostly due to oversight/priorities/laziness that it doesn't happen now. If the world of Elite were anything like the real world, the interruption to commerce would not be tolerated. Hell, I work for a company that indirectly insures cargo ships (among many other business units), and they have a commando unit on the payroll for flying in and taking out real pirates rather than pay ransom.

If system authorities were half as tenacious against pirates and griefers as they are against smugglers, it might be enough of a time sink to dissuade some. These types might welcome the deep social interaction of "Prepare to die!" From bounty hunters, but at least it would keep them off the backs of traders, and get bounty hunters more credits, if their prey weren't effectively invisible and able to act with impugnity. It seems like these ideas do have some traction in the community, and possibly with FDev.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:33 pm

The upcoming interview with DBOBE might be interesting.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Khali Nephtys
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Khali Nephtys

Postby Khali Nephtys » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:25 pm

I was pointed to the thread by a friend who plays on Mobius, and before I even listened I said to him this sounds like a bunch of eve online players to me. Imagine my surprise when the SDC chap says he was a 5 year eve player and was bringing his experience from eve to elite!

Things I noticed about the SDC spokesperson, he didn't seem to understand (or perhaps didn't care?) about the format of the show, and seemed to want to interject his unsolicited opinions on almost any topic they brought up, without actually adding anything to the conversation. This said a lot to me about where he was coming from, an over inflated sense of self importance.

Someone else said in this thread about them not being real pvp'ers, I kind of agree pvp'ers in the true sense would go looking for other pvp'ers to engage in something they mutually enjoy. Sadly in any game with pvp you will always get the other kind of 'pvp'er' who likes the idea of pvp, but prefers targets that are unlikely to give them a challenge.

This was actually the kind of pvp'er my corp/alliance used to encounter a lot in eve, they'd war dec us because we looked like an industrial corp, and then we'd give them a nice surprise on when the war went live by meeting them outside their home station with a nice battleship fleet. Which of course they were happy to see as they were after some good fights right? ;)

But I digress, basically been there done that got the t-shirt seen and heard it all before. My only real surprise in all this is that Mobius has had so few incidents of this. Also props to the Mobius rep for his excellent PR job on this interview, and to everyone in Mobius for all the hard work they do dealing with these muppets, both ingame and on the forums.
"You can kiss my Asp!"

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Yea but what's the "C" stand for........

:D

If I answered that, I'd have insulted many "C"s.. some of my best mates are "C"s....

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Khali Nephtys wrote:...and to everyone in Mobius for all the hard work they do dealing with these muppets, ...

OMG ! This was a spittake! Muppets. LOVE IT! They call us Carebears. Muppets. Oh that is perfect. Just a fancy sock puppet with someone elses hand up their arse making them do and say whatever the hand wants LMAO!
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Saberius wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Yea but what's the "C" stand for........

If I answered that, I'd have insulted many "C"s.. some of my best mates are "C"s....

Know the feeling.......

I fly with two......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “News and Announcements”