The place for you to catch the latest news
StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Lave Radio Interview Mobius Vs SDC

Postby StaticRadion » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:47 am

Wolf did a great job, but I don't think the guy from SDC said anything damning at all. I think in a lot of ways I was with the commentator who said that he was expecting him to have excuses and instead had a bit more respect for him because he owned the fact that they were the bad guys. I particularity liked the part about all members of SDC being the CEO of their own company IE the framework of there group is so lose that even the representative can't give anyone specific orders only make requests.

CMDRs who either stood up to the Code in open as part of one faction or another knew that even though they were divided in what they believed they would put up a united front to attack anyone who stood against them and that was their strength. We are talking about a group that left Code because they though they were not doing enough to come crashing down on the heads of other CMDRs. IE these are they guys that thought that the Code was not Trolling hard enough.

Sure we are seeing some bad behavior from these guys, but I predict they will burn out even faster than the Code did because they are currently without real leadership. I mean if these guys were more like the Code of old circa March last year we would not be seeing wings of three we would be seeing groups of 8 to 12+ blockading or attacking in turn every group with a faction location that plays in Mobius. Frontier is not doing a good job in hiding the systems in which they are adding player factions like the OoM in fact they are basically announcing them.

Hell it is not rocket science to figure out when Mobius is online if they attacked while he was sleeping they could potentially wreck havoc for hours, but again they don't have the real leadership needed for grand assaults. I think it would just be in everyone's best interest if we stop feeding the trolls and let them die of starvation.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:00 am

I don't remember even getting that far, i got 40 or so minutes into sound file and I realised two things.

1 I haven't been listening for the past 30 minutes.
2 and this has been the most boring 40 minutes of 2016 so far, why am I wasting my time listening to wannabees?

The sdc guy hardly registered at all.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:00 am

StaticRadion wrote:Wolf did a great job, but I don't think the guy from SDC said anything damning at all. I think in a lot of ways I was with the commentator who said that he was expecting him to have excuses and instead had a bit more respect for him because he owned the fact that they were the bad guys. I particularity liked the part about all members of SDC being the CEO of their own company IE the framework of there group is so lose that even the representative can't give anyone specific orders only make requests.

CMDRs who either stood up to the Code in open as part of one faction or another knew that even though they were divided in what they believed they would put up a united front to attack anyone who stood against them and that was their strength. We are talking about a group that left Code because they though they were not doing enough to come crashing down on the heads of other CMDRs. IE these are they guys that thought that the Code was not Trolling hard enough.

Sure we are seeing some bad behavior from these guys, but I predict they will burn out even faster than the Code did because they are currently without real leadership. I mean if these guys were more like the Code of old circa March last year we would not be seeing wings of three we would be seeing groups of 8 to 12+ blockading or attacking in turn every group with a faction location that plays in Mobius. Frontier is not doing a good job in hiding the systems in which they are adding player factions like the OoM in fact they are basically announcing them.

Hell it is not rocket science to figure out when Mobius is online if they attacked while he was sleeping they could potentially wreck havoc for hours, but again they don't have the real leadership needed for grand assaults. I think it would just be in everyone's best interest if we stop feeding the trolls and let them die of starvation.

I couldn't agree with that last sentence more. It's hard not to keep calling them out for being the psychopathic trolls they are in the official forums, but they feed off people reacting. Let them starve. I thought Wolf was very wise to say "We considered it over." and all early in that interview.

Also, if we do well in this war in Exioce, I hope nobody here is dumb enough to go bragging about it in the official forums. All it will do is attract attention to people who are bored enough to try undermining us. Even if they aren't well organized (though they might be), it's an annoyance best avoided. I'd rather let them keep underestimating us.

Deareim
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deareim

Postby Deareim » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:16 am

I agree. Just let them die in their own wish "grandeur". Stop feeding threads on the official forum. there is no use to that.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:05 am

I didn't listen to the whole thing but what I did hear from the SDC guy was just a crock to me.

They are doing what they do to raise awareness of game issues? :P I also face palmed when right at the start the SDC guy is suggesting that NOW the Mobius groups knows that their way of accepting members is not quite right?

Simply put, these people injected their concept of game play ie PVP into our concept of game play. They joined with the soul intent to create chaos and to grief people that chose NOT to pvp.

I don't get it, who says how I am supposed to play the game that I paid for?

You do realize that other PVP groups will now perk up and say "whoa, Look what SDC did, we should do it as well, its all in good fun right?"

Yea BIG fun 3 PvP oriented players killing a single pilot that is clueless about PvP combat....BIG FUN, for who?

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:32 am

Black Rose wrote:You do realize that other PVP groups will now perk up and say "whoa, Look what SDC did, we should do it as well, its all in good fun right?"

Hello,
I didn't listen, basically because I'm at the office and the firewall blocks the twitch stream, and I don't want to use my mobile data up.
But in my opinion, these guys are not PvPers, they are griefers. Pure and simple.
Serious PvP groups would rather bust these guys up than actually applaud them or follow in their footsteps.

Having played EvE online, you would know what PvP groups are actually like.

In my experience, the real PvP groups are there to have fun with like minded people. They cherish the challenge of 1v1 fights with other commanders. Or full wing, fleet, armada clashes. They would rather fight when there is meaning such as when getting or holding territory, etc.

My PvP battles, in GW2, have been in support of my World to capture and hold territory. Battles in WoW arenas were for tokens or just for fun. Consensual PvP battles outside arena areas were usually for fun.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:22 am

There is a downloadable mp3 available if you are interested.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:29 am

As far as how Mobius accepts people, its the civil way. Innocent till proven guilty. Nothing wrong with that. The other way is the Trump way. Don't let them in, build a wall. but lets no got there. lol Politics discussions are the fastest way to lose friends.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:44 am

I think one has to regard groups such as SDC like acne (proper name "acne vulgaris"). Usually found in pubescent males, it flares up, makes an ugly mess but usually goes away when the affected grows up. I suggest reading the wikipedia entry on acne, it reads like a SDC manifesto.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:08 am

Heh. Nice comparison.
What I would like, though, would be the GTA style of hunting PKers. I don't know GTA but the thought of a more active PKer being under a (serious) constant chase when in the space of a certain faction/allegiance with rising numbers of Sec vessels and BHers sounds like fun.

Also some kind of ingame faction/allegiance-wide alarm when a BH NPC (since we can do that through IRC or TS/Discord) spots a highly wanted player, like "I've seen CMDR Wanted in sys XY, come and get the credits" would give it a whole new drive ...
... and, at the same time, it would be an absolutely sensible, logical, immersive way to handle things. Though certainly with drawbacks, but then, what hasn't.

Return to “News and Announcements”