Season patches release info on the store (ish)

The place for you to catch the latest news
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Season patches release info on the store (ish)

Postby Xebeth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Interesting new info on the store

2.0 – Planetary Landings

Available Now

A whole new angle on the galaxy. Journey from the stars to the surfaces of strange worlds, and hit the ground running in the new Scarab Surface Recon Vehicle.

2.1 – The Engineers

Coming Spring 2016

Everything changes. Introducing an all-new mission system and game-changing loot. Craft exotic weapons and modules for your spacecraft and build a ship unlike any other.

2.2 – Guardians

Coming Summer 2016

Take what comes and strike back with double. Bring a second ship to every combat encounter with Ship-Launched Fighters and defend your passengers against the deadliest threats in the galaxy.

2.3 – The Commanders

Coming Fall 2016

Team up and stand together. Forge your own identity with the new Commander Creator, then share your bridge with Multi-Crew and fly with friends.

2.4 – ????

Coming Soon

A secret revealed in Elite Dangerous: Horizons’ final expansion.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Siobhan
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Shivvi

Re: Season patches release info on the store (ish)

Postby Siobhan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Hrm... I wasn't aware that FD was US based. I was certain they were in the UK, but using "Fall" instead of Autumn confuses me.

Primeh
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Primeh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Primeh » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Zero mention of additional planet types for landing. Hope they are tagged on to updates as they become available.
Kinda like ships were last season.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Primeh wrote:Zero mention of additional planet types for landing. Hope they are tagged on to updates as they become available.

I believe they stated that landings on planets with atmospheres is slated for a future season, sorry.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Feldspar wrote:
Primeh wrote:Zero mention of additional planet types for landing. Hope they are tagged on to updates as they become available.

I believe they stated that landings on planets with atmospheres is slated for a future season, sorry.

Indeed, although we may see landing on lava worlds or at least lava/volcanism on the world we can currently land on.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer

Postby Nethaufer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:39 pm

Feldspar wrote:

I've seen that they stated that landings on planet with atmospheres and 'life' were slated for a future season, not planets with atmospheres. I believe somewhere you can see them saying they want to include planets with weather this season, and you can't have weather (well, most weather) without an atmosphere.

Still, I am a bit disappointed at the lack of detail. Perhaps they're doing that so that people can't say, "Well back in newsletter 110 you said you would also have x and y with engineers".

Return to “News and Announcements”