Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: December 16th - Release date

Postby Neillm » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:16 pm

Wolf wrote:
QTQ11 wrote:My birthday...lovely present :)

You know what's funny? Beta 1 was released on my Birthday. And now the final release will be on my wedding day! :D
I am truly bound to this game! ;)

One game to rule them all... :D

Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos

Postby Nemetos » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:09 pm

Wolf wrote:
QTQ11 wrote:My birthday...lovely present :)

You know what's funny? Beta 1 was released on my Birthday. And now the final release will be on my wedding day! :D
I am truly bound to this game! ;)

More the reason to celebrate !!

Now ... we need to know where you will be on your anniversary ... ??
Online ... ? Or a nice little candle lit dinner for 2 ?
Its a tough one .... :P
Cheers !!! :D

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:41 pm

I have mixed feelings about this as well. On the one hand I really want the game to do well, and on the other I'm concerned that it might be too soon. On the plus side is the fact that we all get to test the full release as gamma before release. What I'm worried about is when they open up the whole galaxy to explore it might throw up a ton of bugs in the process.

The stuttering, freezing, canopy critical announcement, disappearing missions and transactions, CTD is all still there. I hope they fix these for the gamma release. If not, well, I hope the media and the critics don't lay into it.

I'm willing to wait longer for release but a part of me can't wait to visit Sol. I do hope that David Braben knows what he is doing.

Fingers crossed.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Yep same feelings as me......

I had a CTD tonight.....Sent the report....

I just really....really hope it does not get slated............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:48 am

I am also a little worried about the release date. The thing that worries me is we were supposed to get an extended period of Gamma testing. What we are getting is less than a month. Now hopefully Frontier are doing that because they are confident that they have everything under control and not because they want to hit the cash cows arse that is Christmas with a banjo and make tonnes of cash. :shock:

Aeryn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Aeryn

Postby Aeryn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:32 am

Mr_Average wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often

The problem with this philosophy is that an early release that's buggy / problematic can be torn to pieces in the reviews and in doing so put people off from buying it. The people who backed the game already won't care as yes - they get to play a new version of Elite. However this is a little short sighted - FD need more people to buy the game in order to develop it further. If there are not enough players then the game will eventually die. (If the cost of an expansion is more than the projected revenue generated by it then FD will not make it.)

Mr_Average
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Mr_Average

Postby Mr_Average » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:22 am

If frontier put out patches, like they've done for the alpha and beta, then there won't be a problem. I've been very impressed with their reactivity.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

What's going to happen?

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Aeryn wrote:
Mr_Average wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often

The problem with this philosophy is that an early release that's buggy / problematic can be torn to pieces in the reviews and in doing so put people off from buying it. The people who backed the game already won't care as yes - they get to play a new version of Elite. However this is a little short sighted - FD need more people to buy the game in order to develop it further. If there are not enough players then the game will eventually die. (If the cost of an expansion is more than the projected revenue generated by it then FD will not make it.)

Is this why Microsoft keep messing up every other operating system they bring out?

Windows ME, Vista, Windows 8...

I`ve heard they`re jumping from 9 straight to 10. I think they shouldn`t, they should stick with 9, it`ll be better than 10.

Zarkon
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zarkon

Postby Zarkon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 pm

I have faith in Frontier. For over 2 years now they have repeatedly stated that they would take their time (original release was slated for last March/April), and that they would not release anything until it was 'right'. Judging by every video I've seen recently of the development team talking about the release, they all look very confident about what they have created. So roll on the 22nd! I'm ready!

Return to “News and Announcements”