The place for you to catch the latest news
Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: The Order of Mobius

Postby Rimsplitter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:41 am

What's the reasoning behind the logo on the OP? I can see the interlinked triangles representing fraternal cooperation between pilots. Is there a reason for there being three of them? It could be seen as acknowledging that the three main powers are naturally superior to all other powers and factions.

Could the logo be reworked as a Mobius strip? Are the one-world principles of the Order influenced by the writings of Alice Bailey?
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Wolf wrote:
Xebeth wrote:
LionOfNarnia wrote:My feeling is, that as the Order is to be regarded as totally separate from Mobius PVE, it must have it's own talking-shop, and 'staff'.

Is this already being done, or do 'we' need to try & organise that ourselves?

There is a wing on Inara (see my sig), but perhaps an Admin can create an 'Order' sub-section on the forum?

This is certainly possible. Should this forum be private to members of a subgroup?
I can create a usergroup for that, and make some of you leaders of that group and you then can accept applications for membership.
Approved members then see the subforum.

Or should it just be a normal public subforum?

I think it will need to be private, maybe some subs super-private for strategy & tactics discussions when things really start swinging.

I'm happy to be considered for helping out, I have quite a bit of forum admin/mod experience & am at my PC most of the waking day anyway (GMT)
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Yeah Wolf please create a new sub forum, this will be for the player faction only with a private group for those that are full on out to support the player faction a public one and a diplomatic thread for any other groups that wish to form an alliance or discuss diplomatic relations.

MrGuarnere
Novice
Novice
CMDR: MrGuarnere

Postby MrGuarnere » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:07 pm

I do like the sound of this but one thing that I want to check is how does combat within this group work? For example, can I still go to High Conflict Zones and fight there to make money? Am I still able to earn merits so that I get the nice rewards every Thursday?

Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint

Postby Argonaught » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:31 pm

The logos remind me of Celtic Knot Triangles, and since the Order is trying to encompass all pilots in peace maybe a continuous knot type emblem would be the way to go? Here's a few examples of Celtic knot ones, maybe one of you artists could whip something out of them ;)

celtic knot triangles.jpg
celtic knot triangles.jpg (153.13 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
Last edited by Argonaught on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

Mobius
Master
Master

Postby Mobius » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:42 pm

MrGuarnere wrote:I do like the sound of this but one thing that I want to check is how does combat within this group work? For example, can I still go to High Conflict Zones and fight there to make money? Am I still able to earn merits so that I get the nice rewards every Thursday?

you are free to do what you like within our groups rules when playing in our group, if your doing powerplay then by all means earn those merits.
no one is required on a full time basis, but those who do commit themselves to the order will hopefully be recognised in the future, that's if frontier decide to implement group rankings.

Mobius
Master
Master

Postby Mobius » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:48 pm

some concepts for the groups logo. I want to avoid the typical Mobius triangle and Mobius strip and also want to keep the logo minimalistic just in case in the future the logo needs to appear in game. just take a look at the current in game logos and you will see that there is a minimal approach.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:02 pm

If we need a minimalist version, then my vote is for the 'Celtic Knot' - as that's in my bloodline ;)

I really like the red-on-black version above, we could have something like that for online stuff and a white version for putative ship logos.
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Mobius
Master
Master

Postby Mobius » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:13 pm

thing with Celtic knots is that they have many religious connections though they mean nothing in particular they are often used as purely decorative designs and the design goes back to at least the 4th century.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:14 pm

The OP logo is an inverted Valknut, today seen as a symbol of dedication to Odin. It can be found on ancient runestones and is used by modern day Odinists and other Norse pagans.

Return to “News and Announcements”