The place for you to catch the latest news
BiggBno
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Bigg Badger
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: PvE group growing daily

Postby BiggBno » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:22 am

Silverwolf wrote:It would be nice to get to the number of people such that it would be easy to find group Cmdr members to fly with on any given evening. I think we are perhaps already in that number of people.

I am guessing for about one year after release we could get over 5000 group members.

I think that after release the uptake could go up dramatically. It also depends on how well star citizen does at making the game as if that goes badly a really lot may jump ship.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you go to Friends and Groups in the main menu before you start playing then choose groups and then MOBIUS you can see which commanders are online and where they are.
Think this only show if they are in the game not if they are in Private, Open or solo play though.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:56 pm

:!: 297 members in the group as of 5 minutes ago!
That is fantastic!

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:49 pm

:!: 308 :!:
I'm getting dizzy! :o

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Wolf wrote::!: 308 :!:

Stop counting! :D
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Bets on for 1000 before Christmas !

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:16 am

I saw quite a few of you lovely people in the friends screen last night but unfortunately non-one I game. Unless you count someone whapping through the docking port at silly speed as I was exiting...at silly speed. Didn't catch who it was though.

They really need to add some sort of 'contact noise' because I sent a few messages to friends who, I'm assuming, just didn't see them. (Looking at you Flip and Globus!) I was also text chatting to someone else at irregular intervals when we eventually noticed someone had said something.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:23 am

Neillm wrote:I saw quite a few of you lovely people in the friends screen last night but unfortunately non-one I game. Unless you count someone whapping through the docking port at silly speed as I was exiting...at silly speed. Didn't catch who it was though.

They really need to add some sort of 'contact noise' because I sent a few messages to friends who, I'm assuming, just didn't see them. (Looking at you Flip and Globus!) I was also text chatting to someone else at irregular intervals when we eventually noticed someone had said something.

What?! Sorry, didn't see you friend. I try to keep a keen lookout for other Commanders as well, and text when ever possible.

I'm very fond of boosting out of the docking port at ludicrous speeds, and did indeed have a close call. Perhaps it was you? Good thing we were in our right lanes! :D

I agree that we need some kind of audible alert to "new" comms.

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:25 am

Flip wrote:
Wolf wrote::!: 308 :!:

Stop counting! :D

Can't ... stop ... counting ... 317 :shock:
;)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:27 am

I didn't see your comm either, mate. Sorry about that. From what I've seen with others, they only appear in the main screen, not in your ship, which IMO completely defeats their usefulness. And since I've had several crashes, last night, I didn't always get out through the main screen.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:33 am

Flip wrote:I didn't see your comm either, mate. Sorry about that. From what I've seen with others, they only appear in the main screen, not in your ship, which IMO completely defeats their usefulness. And since I've had several crashes, last night, I didn't always get out through the main screen.

They actually are accessible in your ship comms (2 key by default) There you see pilots in your locations and below the friends who are online. I am gueassing here, but as there were only three in that list yesterday, I think it only shows friends who are actually online in the same grouping as you are, meaning if you are online via private group and they are open play, you don't see them there.

Return to “News and Announcements”