Panzertard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: John Stoutbeard
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Elite Dangerous - Horizons

Postby Panzertard » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:30 am

TorTorden wrote:
Xebeth wrote:On the subject of the cost - I tend to look at it in terms of hours of entertainment for the price paid. I've had over 500 hours of entertainment for £35, that strikes me as exceedingly good value for money.

Now given that a cinema ticket cost £10 for 2 hours, even if I only get 50 hours out of the new content (and undoubtedly I'll get quite a bit more given planetary landings is only the first expansion in Horizons), then I already have good value for money.

My thinking pretty much exactly, according to steam I have just passed 600 hours game time, when I bought it I figured as with most games if I got a total of 20hours and hardly picked it up since I would have gotten my monies worth.
So by my initial expectations I have gotten 30x what I hoped for of fun and entertainment out of this.
And I'm not looking to quit anytime soon by the looks of things.

Well, I have succumbed to the hype with this one, and preordered with beta access ;)

Well done, with 600 hours into it you will most likely do another 600-1000 hours at least, and especially with 1 season per year, it's going to be a lot of new stuff out there.
And they claim to have a 10 year roadmap from the first version, so there are perhaps 9 years more years to come ...

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:52 am

CMDR DancingLemur wrote:Oh my, I have failed and terribly - already preordered :D (and the discount was there during checkout ;) )

yeah me too, i bought the standard version. but thanks to the $20 discount i can afford to pick up another copy of ED on Steam and have a second commander without having to clear my current elite commander's save. my mouse pointer keeps hovering over the 'add to cart' button but i haven't done it yet
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 am

Loriath wrote:My only concern is that there have been some real nagging bugs that have not received the attention they deserve. For example the "Can't enter a system name with more than one space" on the Galaxy map. Instancing would be another. Things like this need to be addressed.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH, is that what causes the issue I've seen with the Galaxy Map? I had never quite pinned down what the criteria was, but ever since 1.3 or so I have not been able to search for things like "PRUA PHOE AA-A H-69", even though that used to work. When I explore I like to hop back out to where I last left off. I can't search by name any more, so have had to write down the map coordinates instead. :D

As far as Horizons is concerned, I agree the posters above that said they've already received good value for what they've paid for Dangerous. So, I've pre-ordered Horizons already (but without beta). I thought about getting the Expansion Pass, but decided not to do that. I'll probably just keep giving them more money as they give me more game.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:00 am

Something I just came across in the FD Forums. An explanation of sorts.

If someone Just Buys Elite Dangerous Horizons alone , they DO NOT get to play Elite Until Horizons is released.

Confirmed in a post from Michael Brookes Here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost2641455

Also, if you do NOT buy the Horizons, you will still get to play the core content as he says here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost2641184
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:33 am

[quote="Hrdina"]OOOOOOOOOOOOH, is that what causes the issue I've seen with the Galaxy Map?/quote]
likewise, i always wondered why i couldn't locate some certain systems (one of the CD-n nnn xx yy-z series comes to mind)
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:53 am

I do have one thing to add to all of this:

► Show Spoiler

:D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Daniel Dakota
Expert
Expert
CMDR: DanDak

Postby Daniel Dakota » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:28 am

Like most folks I have one thought above all for horizons....

Buggy Racing woooooooo :)

Oh er two thoughts, Cobra Mk IV :)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:08 pm

Hmm, I think I might be losing it,,

I am currently contemplating registering a second account and buying the lifetime pass on it...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm still hopeful that the multiple 'saves' discussed in the original beta happen. Not holding my breath though
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Ozzy81
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ozzy81

Postby Ozzy81 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Well, after thinking it through and giving it a lot of consideration from many different aspects, I bought a lifetime pass (actually it was a matter of seconds before compulsion took me over :D )

Return to “News and Announcements”