The place for you to catch the latest news
Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Frontier Ranks - Player Group Rankings

Postby Wolf » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Mobius wrote:have been doing some thinking on our group and if indeed we was to become a group then I would have to push for being a faction within the pilots federation, being in that group would mean that as a group we are not aligned to any powerplay faction but are a group that is aligned to the core power, as you know NPC players are not part of the pilots federation and as such can be our enemys this keeps with our factions ideals that its us vs the environment.

I totally agree with you here. The Mobius Group would be a sub group of the PF that, just like the PF itself, does not tolerate it's members to be aggressive against each other, just much more strictly so. Breaching of the rules will not only be punished by putting a bounty on the head of the aggressor, but actually a ban from the group. (Sounds familiar, doesn't it? ;) )
It would have a touch of an order or Lodge, like the Oddfellows.
The order or lodge would be called, let's say, the "Pilot's Federation Mobius Group" (I'm serious here!)
And surprisingly, the symbol of the order or lodge would be the mobius strip :D

I really think that the choice Mobius did so many years ago for his gaming name, by coincidence fits perfectly as the name of such an organisation within the Pilot's Federation.
We could flesh out the lore a little here and there, but all in all I see no in-game reason against such a group within the PF.

Now, if we are all really nice to FD, maybe, just maybe they might consider taking up the idea and actually code some of the group mechanics into the game they talked about during kickstarter like auto-kick when destroying a member of the group and other controls helping in the in-game administration. Poor Mobius's accept-click-finger! ;)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Wolf wrote:
Mobius wrote:have been doing some thinking on our group and if indeed we was to become a group then I would have to push for being a faction within the pilots federation, being in that group would mean that as a group we are not aligned to any powerplay faction but are a group that is aligned to the core power, as you know NPC players are not part of the pilots federation and as such can be our enemys this keeps with our factions ideals that its us vs the environment.

I totally agree with you here. The Mobius Group would be a sub group of the PF that, just like the PF itself, does not tolerate it's members to be aggressive against each other, just much more strictly so. Breaching of the rules will not only be punished by putting a bounty on the head of the aggressor, but actually a ban from the group. (Sounds familiar, doesn't it? ;) )
It would have a touch of an order or Lodge, like the Oddfellows.
The order or lodge would be called, let's say, the "Pilot's Federation Mobius Group" (I'm serious here!)
And surprisingly, the symbol of the order or lodge would be the mobius strip :D

I really think that the choice Mobius did so many years ago for his gaming name, by coincidence fits perfectly as the name of such an organisation within the Pilot's Federation.
We could flesh out the lore a little here and there, but all in all I see no in-game reason against such a group within the PF.

Now, if we are all really nice to FD, maybe, just maybe they might consider taking up the idea and actually code some of the group mechanics into the game they talked about during kickstarter like auto-kick when destroying a member of the group and other controls helping in the in-game administration. Poor Mobius's accept-click-finger! ;)

I like the term 'order', and humbly suggest that the name could be "Pilot's Federation Order of Mobius",

"The Order of Mobius is a sub-group of the Pilot's Federations who strictly uphold the basic tenet of zero tolerance of aggressive acts to it's groups members. Any group member found in violation of these rules is immediately banned from the group and handed over to the Pilot's Federation for appropriate bounty punishment.

However, the Order's zero tolerance policy does not stop with it's own members, and the group takes a very dim view of any acts of aggression to members of the wider Pilot's Federation, becoming in turn a sort of unofficial police force, aggressively hunting down pirates and murderers across inhabited space.

Like the Pilot's Federation, the Order of Mobius is strictly neutral when it comes to galactic politics and it pilots can often be found helping out systems in need, and fighting as mercenaries regardless of the alliance of the system in need.

Despite these seemingly altruistic acts, the Order's main and driving loyalty is to it's own members, and pilots of the order are sworn to help and protect it's own members at all time."
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Very good write up there!

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Nice writeup, I also like the "order" touch. I don't know about the police bit, though. That would be explicit PvP, though not against group members. Nothing against PvP in Open, but to explicitely make it a goal sounds a bit contradictory and could lead to an unwanted spin.

One more thing: Zero tolerance nice and well, but there has the occasional accidential ff shot happened and will happen in the future, may it be because of crowded radar or overseeing the hollow triangle in the heat of a hunt. To treat that as harsh would be counterproductive in my view, and not fitting to the true spirit of the group.
just my 2 cents!

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:19 pm

uvelius wrote:Nice writeup, I also like the "order" touch. I don't know about the police bit, though. That would be explicit PvP, though not against group members. Nothing against PvP in Open, but to explicitely make it a goal sounds a bit contradictory and could lead to an unwanted spin.

One more thing: Zero tolerance nice and well, but there has the occasional accidential ff shot happened and will happen in the future, may it be because of crowded radar or overseeing the hollow triangle in the heat of a hunt. To treat that as harsh would be counterproductive in my view, and not fitting to the true spirit of the group.
just my 2 cents!

It was very much intended as 'flavour' rather than policy and I was thinking the 'police' bit applied to NPCs as a spin on bounty hunting, think of us the (un)official bounty hunters of the Pilot's Federation, rather than a direct action against Commanders (of course there is nothing stopping anyone from doing that in open).

The same goes for 'zero tolerance', very much aimed at NPCs. I see our rules as sacrosanct, and any direct action against a commander whilst in Mobius (CZs exceptions of course), regardless of their status as 'wanted' or not, is a kickable offence.

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:02 am

Yes. Maybe make it more clear that the order hunts the ones who are not members of the Pilots Federation if the committed a crime against one of its members. The members are left to be taken care of by the police as even then aggression is prohibited by the order's code.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:28 pm

The Order of Mobius is a sub-group of the Pilot's Federations who strictly uphold the basic tenet of zero tolerance of aggressive acts to it's groups members. Any group member found in violation of these rules is immediately banned from the group and handed over to the Pilot's Federation for appropriate bounty punishment.

However, the Order's zero tolerance policy does not stop with it's own members, and the group takes a very dim view of any acts of aggression to members of the wider Pilot's Federation, aggressively hunting down non-Pilot's Federation pirates and murderers across inhabited space.

Like the Pilot's Federation, the Order of Mobius is strictly neutral when it comes to galactic politics and it pilots can often be found helping out systems in need, and fighting as mercenaries regardless of the alliance of the system in need.

Despite these seemingly altruistic acts, the Order's main and driving loyalty is to it's own members, and pilots of the order are sworn to help and protect it's own members at all time."

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Nice... Makes me want to be a member of the Order :)

Of course if we go to Openplay we will have all the 20 year olds against us with better reflexes and more time in their hands :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

TomoRosso

Postby TomoRosso » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Mobius wrote:well there are plenty of systems with stations named Mobius, 14 infact.

If Frontier accept the Mobius faction as being "embedded" so to speak in the Pilots Federation would it not make sense to also ask Frontier for a new Mobius named startport in a region that would make accessing the 3 major factions easier. The current Mobius named stations/plaftorms are either in Empire power controlled space or at the arse end of nowhere.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:19 pm

Time to be 'branded' :D

Order of Mobius Sml.jpg
Order of Mobius Sml.jpg (130.65 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Last edited by Xebeth on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “News and Announcements”