Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: 2.03 patch

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:19 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:Thanks Commander.

Hope this fixes the problem of getting into the game (I'm one of experiencing this, are you?), maybe we'll see each other out there...
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:22 am

Avago-Earo wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:Thanks Commander.

Hope this fixes the problem of getting into the game (I'm one of experiencing this, are you?), maybe we'll see each other out there...

Hopefully. Some day. :)

And maybe the HUD issues as well? Here's hoping... :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:29 am

The HUD issues that are making people ill must be fixed or maybe a setting tweak it for migraine sufferers imo. The only HUD thing I didn't like (I only managed to get on tutorials in 2.0) was the lo res radar that seemed to get into focus after a while. I didn't get long enough to play though. Also I got no in flight checks and couldn't find where they are. Maybe it's only there if you haven't already got bindings for the functions in the flight check list. ?
"Wibble"

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:38 am

Avago-Earo wrote:The HUD issues that are making people ill must be fixed or maybe a setting tweak it for migraine sufferers imo. The only HUD thing I didn't like (I only managed to get on tutorials in 2.0) was the lo res radar that seemed to get into focus after a while. I didn't get long enough to play though. Also I got no in flight checks and couldn't find where they are. Maybe it's only there if you haven't already got bindings for the functions in the flight check list. ?

I don't see the HUD issues myself, but if it's an issue for some, it will probably be an issue for many, so best get it sorted.

I got the flight chech the very first time I entered the game. Haven't seen it since. I don't know if it appears in the tutorials as well.
Which reminds me; I think the new tutorials are very well thought out. It seems much more coherent than just the combat scenarios.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:45 am

Yes. I think they've been well thought out. When I came in on Premium Beta I scratched my head a bit. The flight bit was ok as although I'm new to PC gaming (played on PS3, mainly racing games for a bit) I did play Elite on the beeb and Oolite on the PC (which did include yaw), but all the other stuff I learned by going on you tube.

Much better now for new commanders, especially docking clearance permission and navigation which takes a little getting used to.
"Wibble"

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Angua von Überwald

Re: 2.03 patch & HUD

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:15 am

I found the new HUD and txt on display a bit off putting, but after playing with the graphic options, the display settings and adjusting the picture on the TV, it has made a huge difference. Quite like it now. All the negative comments on the FF are more likely to give me a migraine (I do get them). There certainly a pain in the neck.

Finding it difficult to get into the flow of the game due to so many crashes and lock-ups but at least I can get in.

The problems I have been seeing are from Beta 2, the subsequent updates have not made things any worse, but have not seemed to have improved it from my aspect. I am unable to ever exit/quit the game without using task manager, are others seeing this that can briefly play.

Love what I have see so far.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: 2.03 patch & HUD

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:25 am

Cmdr A von Uberwald wrote:......I am unable to ever exit/quit the game without using task manager, are others seeing this that can briefly play.

Love what I have see so far.

Control Alt Delete every time here too. :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah it does look good. After 2.01 though I'm on of those who just lock up as soon as the game menu shows so I'm watching you tube to keep up to date. As I'm not that computer savvy when it comes to gaming and online stuff I can't even guess what the problem is. Some people on the Frontier forum talk about 'MTU?' number or some such.

I can wait. I've just finished building a vocal isolation booth so I might get the paint brush out.

Any Commanders managing to get out there, fly safe and keep me posted.
"Wibble"

Return to “News and Announcements”