The place for you to catch the latest news
Vikinger
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Vulcor
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Full reset being considered...

Postby Vikinger » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:11 pm

AndyB wrote:i hope we at least get our KS starter ships, going back to a sidewinder will be too painful IMO.

I asked Michael this question in an twitch and he said kickstarter rewards and the founders world will be in the game when Gamma is released.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:12 pm

It puts me neither up nor down to be honest. I like the journey and don't mind starting in a Sidewinder again. I will miss my million credits though but easy come and easy go. I get the impression that some at Frontier would prefer a full wipe just so that we have a completely "clean" wipe.

Vikinger
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Vulcor

Postby Vikinger » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:28 pm

And it seams the beta2 will be very late.

we're looking at the evening uk time at the moment. We'll announce once things start moving as we'll need to kick everyone off the servers.

Save your f5 keys.

Michael

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:42 pm

Full wipe? Bring it on. I reckon we should get together a massive game of Dodgems in our Sidewinders.
"Wibble"

DeckardRunner
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Liet Kynes

Postby DeckardRunner » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:02 pm

I too opted for a full reset.

I'm gunna have to kiss goodbye to my Conda and the 4.6mil I have and grind until I can get the ASP..

Oh well.. It will be fun being back in a Sidey....
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Big fat hairy bollocks...........

Gonna take me a while to get back to where I am now........I can only play for a few hours a week..... :(

Which means by the time I get to see sthg new there will probably be the next wipe......

Oh well......I might just leave it for a while.............Then again might just drop into open and play in the grief fest that it will become......

So this was the only way the NPC fed scum could win the battle......Shove all your adversaries back into starter ships.......Typical underhanded behaviour I've come to expect...........

Need beer.......Need beer........Need beer...........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Zarkon
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zarkon

Postby Zarkon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Easy go? Yes. Easy come? Not so much.
I went back to grinding in the type 9 just in case there wasn't going to be a wipe for Beta 2. I stopped when I reached 12 million, cuz I figured that should be enough to buy an Asp and maybe a nice cup holder. To be honest though, I'm actually fine with starting over. I would much rather they didn't wipe it all, but it will good to see if some of the starter career choices earn better money now than they did in Beta1.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Then again.....again.......

Wife is going to France tomorrow......So I can play......

Sooooooo...If anyone hears someone swearing like a trooper and using previously unheard expletives against the ship he's flying.......and everything in general.....

It'll be me..............

Cmdr Grumpy Old Git <------------New Name.........

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos

Postby Nemetos » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:33 pm

I was expecting a full reset. However, then they said they may do a part reset, so we keep the credits, then ... that was a bonus. Whoop !!

If it gets wiped to zero... then ... so be it .

I dont always get a lot of time in game ... but ... I dont mind dropping a few cannisters for a comrade to pick up to get a few pennies in the bank if they are struggling, or helping out in a scenario if required.

That's not a problem to me ... I dont see trading back and forth as grinding chore... Its part of the game which I loved so much back in the day.

To me , joining a PvE group was to help out others, maybe learn also, and not see them as a target .

I reckon its gonna be a bit of a hard slog making a profit once it goes gamma ....

Im not saying " lets have a group hug " .... but ... from groups / clans / call em what ya want ... out of the ones ive been a part of, this certainly seems one of the most enthusiastic over a game.

Lots of help... great forum ...

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, ... Once more .. "

On that note ... wine .

Cheers !!

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Nemetos wrote:I was expecting a full reset. However, then they said they may do a part reset, so we keep the credits, then ... that was a bonus. Whoop !!

If it gets wiped to zero... then ... so be it .

I dont always get a lot of time in game ... but ... I dont mind dropping a few cannisters for a comrade to pick up to get a few pennies in the bank if they are struggling, or helping out in a scenario if required.

That's not a problem to me ... I dont see trading back and forth as grinding chore... Its part of the game which I loved so much back in the day.

To me , joining a PvE group was to help out others, maybe learn also, and not see them as a target .

I reckon its gonna be a bit of a hard slog making a profit once it goes gamma ....

Im not saying " lets have a group hug " .... but ... from groups / clans / call em what ya want ... out of the ones ive been a part of, this certainly seems one of the most enthusiastic over a game.

Lots of help... great forum ...

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, ... Once more .. "

On that note ... wine .

Cheers !!

Yeah I'm with you on that. Caring sharig Co-Op etc.
"Wibble"

Return to “News and Announcements”