The place for you to catch the latest news
Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Dev Update - 19.03.2015

Postby Nanosmo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Thought I'd share the update with you all.

Hi everyone,

With our next major release being the Mac beta this week’s dev update will focus on this new platform. The beta is planned to start on March 31st and will be available to anyone who already has beta access. It won’t be possible to purchase beta access at this time.

The beta test process will follow the same procedure as the PC beta tests, although for this a new Mac launcher will need to be downloaded from the store. We’ll provide the details when the build is available. We’ll set up a new bug reporting and beta discussion forum for the beta players to use, although we won’t restrict access to those forums.

We don’t have a minimum spec as yet, however here are the recommended specs for the Mac beta based upon our development machines:

27-inch iMac (Purchased in 2015 - Current Line)
3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
8GB memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M with 2GB video memory / AMD Radeon R9 M290X with 2GB video memory
Mac OS 10.10.x (10.10.03 rec)

As with the PC beta there are a number of optimisations planned so the final minimum spec is expected to be lower than this.

The Mac version will connect to the same universe and gameplay sessions as the PC, during the beta phase that will be the test servers we use for the beta test, not the public servers. The crossplay functionality will need testing so at some stage during the beta an equivalent PC beta build will be available to test PC and Mac players together.

It’s not all about the Mac version! We also have a change in the bounty system coming – it’s planned for a minor update so should be with us soon, but bounties cannot be paid off immediately. There will be a cooldown time of a few days before the bounty can be paid off.

Thanks!

Michael

The part about the Bounties sounds interesting. Hopefully they fix the problem with accidentally shooting someone then your a dead man.

Return to “News and Announcements”