FIRST STEP IN ODYSSEY

The place for you to catch the latest news
Logic_Me

FIRST STEP IN ODYSSEY

Postby Logic_Me » Wed May 19, 2021 9:09 pm

Hello Cmdr's,

Feel free to join us or the stream about ODYSSEY.

https://www.twitch.tv/at_logic_me

All Mobius Cmdr's are welcome.

Have fun and take care.

Kind regards,
Cmdr Logic_Me

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: FIRST STEP IN ODYSSEY

Postby tinnitus » Thu May 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Is it safe to say I'm not happy with Odyssey low Frame Rate 30ish and choppy screen it should not be like this, but it is. And it not the hardware things don't go that quickly south nor is it my connection we have seen this before It appears like information is late catching up with packets sent. Made a few changes others commanders are recommending including backing up, things are getting better Frame at 61 it needs to be North of 100 it was yesterday. May as well let it all settle, but I cannot play. Anyone with a fix for this while we wait for the patches.

Updated: Tips. This was FDEV posted yesterday it is working for me.

We are aware that there are some concerns regarding performance and we are working to provide solutions and improvements. We have found a number of Commanders have improved their experience by following these steps:

Navigate to this file location:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics
Make a backup of every file in the graphics folder, and place it somewhere safe for future reference.
Delete the original files in the Graphics folder.
Restart the game.

Thank you for your patience and support. Please continue to highlight any issues you encounter on our Issue Tracker so we can investigate them as soon as possible.
Last edited by tinnitus on Fri May 21, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Thu May 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Back to playing Horizons and all is almost well Fleet Carrier weekly upkeep cost is now 47Million was 26.7Mil did not think the increase would be this sharp.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Logic_Me

Postby Logic_Me » Tue May 25, 2021 10:37 am

[quote="tinnitus"]Is it safe to say I'm not happy with Odyssey low Frame Rate 30ish and choppy screen it should not be like this, but it is. And it not the hardware things don't go that quickly south nor is it my connection we have seen this before It appears like information is ...

Hi Tinnitus,
Thanks for the information and sorry for the delay in answer.

Odyssey is in a bad spot at the moment. Still, I’m certain that they will fix these problems.
The current gameplay is ok for me, but I hope that framerate will improve.

Feel free to join our team for a multiplayer experience, just let me know here if you’re interested ;)

Take care and fly safe Cmdr, o7

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Wed May 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Always interested in new things, have you seen my collection of wives :). The game did get sorted out FDEV always pull through it and are darn good at getting out of what they get themselves into however they get themselves into it. The BIG Release Horizons on that day their high skilled ships killed anything smaller than an Anaconda in under 30 seconds it still pisses me off. So far happy elite chap not a big fan of the new layout, but I will soon adjust. May have speeded up a few areas but slowed down the plotter takes longer to plot a course - I must make sure to have my escape router plotted first.
Image]

Return to “News and Announcements”