The place for you to catch the latest news
lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Frontier and Games Workshop

Postby lafzy » Mon May 04, 2020 8:06 pm

I read an article today on pcgamesn.com that Frontier have acquired a license from GW to make an RTS game based on Age of Sigmar. Says it's due at the end of financial year 2023. Thought i'd share!

o7

Edit: On reflection, as someone who has loved both Elite and Warhammer (40k in particular) since the 80's and not being a big fan of the RTS games like Dawn of War, what I would one day love to see from a collaboration between Frontier and GW would be a Rogue Trader type space game, in a 40k themed open galaxy like Elite's. I'm having visions of visiting Space Marine Chapter worlds, trading between different systems, combat with Xeno's, heretics etc! Maybe one day...!

Skylax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rifayl Kejnaxiin
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Frontier and Games Workshop

Postby Skylax » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:22 am

Hello there, o7

Oh man, I like the way you're thinking. A 40k game, especially rogue trader based with similar flight and exploration mechanics to elite would be epic! I hope we live to play that game someday. If odyssey is successful and they can do ship interiors as well they could incorporate all of that to make the game a hell lot of fun. There would be massive appeal. Man I would be so hyped for that.

Imagine having to fight off boarding actions and the ability to launch astra militarum walkers or other recon vehicles to explore planets, character and ship customisation through missions and interaction with the Mechanicus (like engineering in elite but better) and a story that includes working with an inquisitor at some point and potentially witnessing an exterminatus or similar cataclysmic event from space. Like the fall of Cadia in Battlefleet Gothic II.

Return to “News and Announcements”