Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Fleet Carriers are coming!

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:40 pm

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/f ... nt.539505/

Greetings Commanders,

We're thrilled to announce that the first look at the upcoming Fleet Carrier update will be coming to your screens on Thursday, 2 April! Lead Server Developer, Dav Stott, and Game Designer, Luke Betterton, will join us on a special video to talk us through what these vast vessels are and how they'll be shaking up the galaxy!

Since the initial reveal of Fleet Carriers, we've examined the concept of predefined load-outs and decided to invest additional time to ensure that fleet carriers offer the same level of flexibility and customization as other ships within Elite Dangerous. We've done this by adding more loadout options to make your carrier unique, and allow for player-to-player interaction like you've never seen before in Elite Dangerous!

Squirming in your cockpit chair wanting to know more details? Here is some key information on Fleet Carriers - but for the entire content reveal, tune in to our Pre-Recorded Stream on YouTube, on 2 April at 18:00 (UTC). Although we won't be live, our team will be there in the chat to answer any questions that you may have.

One of your most frequent questions about Fleet Carriers was: How much do they cost? Fleet Carriers will be a lucrative investment, costing 5,000,000,000cr at launch.​
Fleet Carriers are individually owned and feature 16 landing pads (of varying sizes) for other players to dock at.​
Fleet Carriers use a new fuel, Tritium, to jump from system to system.​
Fleet Carriers have a max jump range of 500LY at one time, with the ability to jump whenever the owner wants, however, they will have a build up and cool down period between jumps.​
You can manage your carrier's finances by setting tariffs and adjusting the buying and selling prices for commodities traded in it's market.​
As it currently stands, we're aiming to launch the Fleet Carriers update in June and will be calling all commanders to experience Fleet Carriers (as both visitors and owners) in two upcoming public betas before the update is live! The first beta will begin on 7 April for PC only, and the second beta which will be launched on PC, Xbox and PlayStation, will take place in May. Please note that there is a chance that these time frames may change slightly in the coming weeks, but we'll keep you up to date on the specific times, dates and instructions.

See you there, Commanders.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Fleet Carriers are coming!

Postby TorTorden » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Anyone still playing this game ?

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Tom Derrick
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Tom Derrick

Postby Tom Derrick » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:48 pm

TorTorden wrote:Anyone still playing this game ?

I do, still plenty left to do for me.
Though I have to say, I don´t really care about Fleet Carriers...

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:49 am

TorTorden wrote:Anyone still playing this game ?

A bit yes, I'll log in for a few hours every couple of weeks or so, but mainly for the VR rather than anything else.

JohnLuke wrote:....

I currently can't see anything in FCs for me (not that I can afford one anyway), I have no desire to be a shop, I don't play enough to warrant my limited time being spent just covering upkeep or mining for fuel, and they're too slow to move to warrant use in limited play time scenarios.

What time I do spend in-game is spent either bounty hunting in RES or running missions, and FCs as far as I can see bring no significant additional functionality to either of these.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “News and Announcements”