Not related at all to the game or group
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Whats your history with Elite

Postby Jeffers2112 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Played Elite to Elite back in '84 on my BBC Micro.
Having a great time with the current offering, just about to set off on the DW2 expedition...

leodr99
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: LeoDR

Postby leodr99 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:50 am

Well, started with elite in the early days of the tape recorder computing with the good old trusty zx spectrum. Got to know the game after reading that it won the Best Original Game in '84 from the Golden Joystick. damn... I'm old.... xD
Since then, space sim aficionado and when I heard Braben wanted to fund the development of E:D, I jumped aboard.
The rest is history. Now I'll wait for the competition to finish their "product" and see how it goes. Until then, I'll keep on xploring and trucking in the Milky Way, FDEV style ;)
--
Another sod lost amidst the stars...
--

AbeLincorn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Generous General

Postby AbeLincorn » Mon May 04, 2020 6:09 am

One of my favourite games ruined by poor design choices.
This game has always been a very grindy one. If you want to buy anything meaningful you have to grind a lot of credits.
And there's only one activity that is really profitable, so you should expect to mine a lot if you want to get anything out of this game.

Once you got the ship of your dream, after months of mining, if you want to use the more advanced equipment you have to grind standing with specific factions (yeah, factions, plural).
Grinding can be time consuming in free online sudoku but I feel like the rewards are worth it.

Return to “Off-Topic”