Not related at all to the game or group
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Bloody Printers

Postby DarkMere » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:31 pm

I only have room for an All in One when it comes to printers/scanners. I need a printer, however I use them very rarely. I always run into the same problem that the printer heads block and nothing I can do unblocks them. I have even bought the solvent that you bath the printer heads in and still I reach a point where they will no longer print. The last one I made sure to print a full color image once a week just to keep if flowing, but alas I am still left with a printer that has become unusable. I find myself having to buy a new printer every 18 months.

Can anyone recommend a cheap All in One printer under £75, that seems to be reliable over a longer period and does not cost the earth for ink?

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Re: Bloody Printers

Postby de Carabas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Listening in on this one. Tried many of the years and they've all been crap. I've got a HP 3050A at the moment and that randomly throws error codes when you try and print and sometimes just doesn't listen to wireless printing until it's restarted. Had a Canon before this one and the ink cartridges were a nightmare, always complaining they were not genuine (even if they were).

Very happy to hear about the perfect all in one device..... Anyone?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 pm

DarkMere wrote:Can anyone recommend a cheap All in One printer under £75, that seems to be reliable over a longer period and does not cost the earth for ink?

No, but I can certainly warn you off getting an Epson one, I have an WF-2540 and spend more time cleaning the print heads than actually printing.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Cheap printers should be banned and marked as fraud.

All they do is break and waste ink, that in turn cost more than the printer itself.
And that ink is seriously cheap, it's merely in the packaging.

If you need anything reliable you are sadly forced to start looking into the realm of laser printers.
But they are pricy, comparatively, and often not include features like colour printing or scanners.

So I suspect the bottomline from all of my pointless meandering is that we are stuck still having to buy new and shittier inkjet printers.

As for the matter of Epson....
The Epson logo is almost enough to trigger mild PTSD for me now..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Xebeth wrote:
DarkMere wrote:Can anyone recommend a cheap All in One printer under £75, that seems to be reliable over a longer period and does not cost the earth for ink?

No, but I can certainly warn you off getting an Epson one, I have an WF-2540 and spend more time cleaning the print heads than actually printing.

Oh my god printers......Do not get me started.......

Over the years....Shit loads.....

Last one was that.....And yes P.O.S......

Decided to try Ricoh this time.....As tried most of the rest.........

So far...Not too bad.....

Complete and utter bitch to set up though......

Have to get down and dirty with IP addresses and making em static in the router......

And all manner of other shit......Not ya plug in and it works kinda printer.......

Mind you it is a semi business one...So it's expected to be set up by a sys admin......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:53 am

I have a HP Color laser that was not bottom rung. And I can replace the cartridges CHEAPER than replacing the printer. It sorta works ok. All in one of course.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:22 am

I am in the same boat. Printing and scanning rarely but it is needed. I got a Kyocera FS-1025MFP. The 1125 that is available now (at least were I am posted) is around 130 Euros so above your budget but it is laser so you will not have issues. If you need a colour one...well this is a different story
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Have decided to live without colour and get a mono laser which is some 33% over my budget, but the number of times I need to write an important letter then have to fight with the printer to get it to print, and then have to put up with less than perfect print. If I need colour I will just have to print a line drawing and get some crayons out.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:04 pm

I only go into work to use thier printers.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:20 pm

I switched to a black and white laser from Brother a few years ago, still using it and still works just fine. But like you I do not use it too often. I got a model with RJ45 so I get to play with additional network headaches. :) But at least I can print with any device that can connect to my home network.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Return to “Off-Topic”