Not related at all to the game or group
Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Book fantasy - On/Off Topic of ED

Postby Edddelos » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 am

First off in no way am I trying to advertise. This is not an advertisement.

I am a real truck driver, and to pass time while I drive instead of surfing radio channels, I'll listen to audio books. Found this company that does a great job of making audio books (grahic audio.com). Thought some of you guys might find this book interesting since it's Sci-fi related.
151139780716914.jpg
151139780716914.jpg (46.26 KiB) Viewed 1708 times

Content Rating: Ages 18+

Earth, 2508 A.D. Humans have spread across the six arms of the Milky Way Galaxy. The Unified Authority controls Earth's colonies with an iron fist and a powerful military-a military made up almost entirely of clones...

Private first-class Wayson Harris was raised in a U.A. orphanage among thousands of clones born and bred as the ultimate soldiers. But Harris isn't like the other Marines: he has a mind of his own. He figures he's paying for that independent streak when his first assignment out of boot camp is the smallest Marine outpost in the whole U.A.

When a rogue general surfaces, the remote desert world Harris thought was a dead-end posting becomes anything but. Fighting off the general's raid gains Harris a promotion. But it also brings him to the attention of some unfriendly U.A. leaders. They have their own plans for the military-plans Harris disrupts by his very existence. For in an army of clones, the one unforgivable sin is to be different...

And if you like the Company or suggestion, and interested in more audio by them. Found these to be good too:
Mistborn : the final Empire
Demoncycle
Guardians of the galaxy
Shadow saga : shadows son
Night angel trilogy

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Book fantasy - On/Off Topic of ED

Postby de Carabas » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Worth a look, thank you Edddelos.

I like audio books for my daily commute. My modus operandi is to keep an eye on the daily deal from Audible and then when something turns up I like I cough up the couple of quid needed. Most recent example was a couple of days ago book 2 in the Bobiverse series (For we are many) popped up. Having already got book 1 I'm sorted for another week of commuting.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Winter arrived

Postby tinnitus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:22 pm

temps-2.PNG
temps-2.PNG (2.44 KiB) Viewed 1671 times

Finally no more Hot Summer CPU Temps, Winter in Canada eh!
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Re: Winter arrived

Postby de Carabas » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:39 pm

tinnitus wrote:temps-2.PNG

Finally no more Hot Summer CPU Temps, Winter in Canada eh!

You've lost me there tinnitus. What's the connection between audio books and the temperature of your CPU? :?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Book fantasy - On/Off Topic of ED

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Can't get more off-topic than that, eh? ;)

(O-T)2
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Off-Topic”