Not related at all to the game or group
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

PSA: Scam Email Going around about Apple ID

Postby Loriath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 am

There is a phishing email going around saying that your Apple ID is about to expire and you need to log in to make sure it stays active.

Apple ID's never expire, even if you never log into it again, it will stay live.

I know most of us would know it sounds like a scam, but others that are not so savvy could be fooled and screwed out of their Apple account and worse.

Please let others that have Macs, iPhones, or iPads and are not so computer savvy that if they see this email, delete it. It could save them a LOT of headaches.

You can read more here (Google links to the reports)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Re: PSA: Scam Email Going around about Apple ID

Postby smartroad » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 pm

I filled mine in at it is all renewed now :D Very helpful email and gives me piece of mind.

Of course I don't have an Apple ID (or any Apple products) and any information in it is rubbish to anyone as I made it up as I filled it in :lol:

If more people filled it in with bogus information then they would have to sift through all the crap to find those that did fill it in with real information :D Hmmm, maybe there is a web bot for that - run it 24/7 filling in random carp to swamp their system hehe

On a serious note, it isn't that hard to spot most phishing emails - not using your name to address you (or just using the first part of your email address) or links that don't actually take you to the correct website. If in doubt, do not click on the email links and go straight to the real site to check if it is really wanting to update your information.

Which? have a useful guide if anyone wants to know more: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... email-scam
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:17 pm

smartroad wrote:..Of course I don't have an Apple ID (or any Apple products) and any information in it is rubbish to anyone as I made it up as I filled it in.

This was my first thought as well.

Then it hits me.
Mom.
IPhone, and not one, not two, but three Ipads.

As for scams or gullibility.
When I was twelve she made me carry this keychain around that was supposed to to do something with keeping my EM fields more healthy or whatever.

It was a box with the thinnest piece of copper wire you could imagine, but yeah she bought it and looked at me with that look that even as a twelve year old kid I internally realised "Its crazy, but relatively harmless, just put it on your keychain".

Anyhoo, I shot her a text to be aware about this.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:57 pm

TorTorden wrote:When I was twelve she made me carry this keychain around that was supposed to to do something with keeping my EM fields more healthy or whatever.

It was a box with the thinnest piece of copper wire you could imagine, but yeah she bought it and looked at me with that look that even as a twelve year old kid I internally realised "Its crazy, but relatively harmless, just put it on your keychain".

Sooooo you were part of THAT little experiment.....

Explains a lot.......

Hmmmmmmmmm

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “Off-Topic”