Not related at all to the game or group
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Just bought No Man's Sky

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 pm

Well a few hours in and I quite like it......

Inventory management is a bit of a pain in the arse......

I'm finding stuff I don't know whether to keep and sell or discard....

Oh and I've lost a planet somewhere......I want to go back there but can't find it.....

There seems to be no sorta system map.....

Oh well still learning...........

But for £10........I'm well happy............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:35 pm

I tried to refund NMS. They said "500 hours played is past the maximum refund duration".

I tried to explain that it was a mercy refund, but they weren't having any of it.

Muh base: https://imgur.com/a/vhxCR (modded)

Muh ship (one of em): https://imgur.com/a/CCccV

Another muh ship: https://imgur.com/srMdqoo

The base was built at end game and is mostly decorative. Previous bases were carefully located in optimum systems and optimised for farming.
(First a liquid glass farm, then a stasis thingemy farm). You can see my freighter in the sky in the second shot of the base album.

If you play on PC, I can fetch the seeds for the ships and you can edit your save to add them. (or fly/portal to the locations to buy them).

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Postby Pam Demonium » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 am

I was all hot for NMS, then I found ED, and never looked back, it was WoW in space.

Reviews: "mostly negative"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 pm

Pam Demonium wrote:I was all hot for NMS, then I found ED, and never looked back, it was WoW in space.

Reviews: "mostly negative"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/

It didn't look very interesting to me before it was released and I basically ignored it. The gigatonne shitaclysm that launched at Sean Murray's head post release did reach me, but even then I barely noticed it.

I bought it on sale on a whim a year or so after the release (post Atlas Rises patch) and while there's plenty that is still half baked and befitting of Hello Game's indie studio status, what I did like - a lot - was the fact that you can influence the world. You can name systems, planets, flora and fauna that you were the first to discover and more importantly for me, you can build. Learning all the mechanics, finding optimal systems and methods and having a place that's unequivocally yours in the game appealed to me quite a lot. My system. My planet. My base. My design.

E:D has a vastly superior physical simulation (if you exclude the planetary stuff), but it's dry as dust and almost completely sterile. Maybe one day FDev will add the ability for players to own and build.

FWIW, the mostly negative reviews are historical and the by product of shipping something sans a lot of the features that people were expecting, and without telling anyone they were missing beforehand. Recent reviews are mostly positive.

The people left playing it (not many) are either new or avid explorers and collectors. I'm neither and could still return to my starting planet with one jump in my freighter.

So it's not universal for sure, but then neither is E:D. I found enjoyable things to do for a good 10 times the amount of time I've spent in any other single player game. 15 quid well spent, in my case.

The waking titan ARG has started again so there's a new patch on the horizon, but I'm enjoying E:D atm so bollocks to that. I'll check it out when the update lands.

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent

Postby Pam Demonium » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Im waiting for Star Citizen to be workable. Ill put my money there.

Just cant get into NMS, no matter how cheap it is

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Pam Demonium wrote:Im waiting for Star Citizen to be workable. Ill put my money there.

Original SC backer myself. I stopped caring about it when I found out that I couldn't even keep up to date with the latest developments without paying for the privilege. Chris Roberts seems like a sound guy and I have hope that they can pull it off, but until they do I'm staying far away from it.

Pam Demonium wrote:Just cant get into NMS, no matter how cheap it is

I wouldn't play something I didn't like just because it was cheap either. :)

Strangely, paying very little for something I like a lot leaves me feeling a little bit guilty. But Hello Games is minted so that's ok.

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent

Postby Pam Demonium » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 am

Then you will have no problem playing Star Citizen :shock:

Deal
Novice
Novice