Could I get feedback on this video

Not related at all to the game or group
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Could I get feedback on this video

Postby smartroad » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 am

Hi all,

I have been wanting to do these sorts of videos for a while, ever since I got my Amiga up and running again. Basically they will be short-ish videos playing old games, but on the original hardware (so far I have my A1200 and a C64 ready to use, also have a BBC Micro that just needs it capacitors being changed in the PSU). I plan to eventually get more machines but wanted to start small and go from there.

This video is the longest length I would do, it was to see if I could have enough material to keep talking through most of the game with (hopefully!) interesting facts and history about the game. Most I want to keep to only 10-15 minutes.

A couple of things, the resolution was kept low on purpose - final ones would be full 1080 (although the source material is nothing close lol) and the voice over audio is bad on this because I had a lot of noise in the background that I removed. I didn't realise how much the mic picked up and future recordings will not need this to be done. Also, as it is on real hardware there are loading times, at the beginning there is one which is a black screen - the graphics are place holders until I decide what to do with it.

Oh and of course, once I have my BBC working I will be doing Elite on it ;)

Cheers all for any (constructive ;)) comments hehe

https://youtu.be/ntWev5ObZdc
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious

Re: Could I get feedback on this video

Postby Sinvious » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 am

video was great and the presentation/entertainment was spot on, hardly any pauses/awkward silences. liked and subbed! :)

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:59 pm

smartroad wrote:...This video is the longest length I would do, it was to see if I could have enough material to keep talking through most of the game with (hopefully!) interesting facts and history about the game. Most I want to keep to only 10-15 minutes...

Didn't watch your video as I never watch clips longer than 10-15 minutes... I prefer clips around 5-10 minutes to be honest. Usually keeps things tight. :)

But cudos for creating stuff! Share one under 10 and I will definitely give you feedback. :)

smartroad
Master
Master

Postby smartroad » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:08 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:But cudos for creating stuff! Share one under 10 and I will definitely give you feedback. :)

Haha, thanks (I think LOL). This one was a long one as I wanted to make sure that if the game needed longer times (RPG's etc) that I could talk about it long enough and keep it interesting. Think of this one as a feature length pilot episode ;)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:45 am

I liked it, good narration with only a couple of awkward pauses (which I'm sure will go with practice), good tone and intonation, with emphasis in the right places.

You have a good voice for narration (unlike mine, I sound like a 14 year old girl with adenoid problems :P ).

I liked the history bit, which it could have had more of, and it was a bit long, I understand why, but more than 10 mins and most people will not watch them.

Finally, once we'd seen the loading screen once or twice I don't think wee needed to see it again, so some editing wouldn't go a miss.

Other than that, a good job and I look forward too seeing more.

(now stop playing silly games and finish writing the Order history ;) :) )
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

smartroad
Master
Master

Postby smartroad » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Xebeth wrote:I liked it, good narration with only a couple of awkward pauses (which I'm sure will go with practice), good tone and intonation, with emphasis in the right places.

You have a good voice for narration (unlike mine, I sound like a 14 year old girl with adenoid problems :P ).

I liked the history bit, which it could have had more of, and it was a bit long, I understand why, but more than 10 mins and most people will not watch them.

Finally, once we'd seen the loading screen once or twice I don't think wee needed to see it again, so some editing wouldn't go a miss.

Other than that, a good job and I look forward too seeing more.

(now stop playing silly games and finish writing the Order history ;) :) )

Cheers for the feedback :D I am sure you don't sound that bad!

I'll look into more editing to reduce "white space" as it were, I'll have to remember that when I am narrating to not speak at those times (or speak stuff that is okay to delete LOL). Although I shall have to have a disclaimer to say that sequences were shortened hehe ;)

I have restarted the Order history about 4 times now. Finally coming up with a way or dealing with it. I'll PM you about it later.

Return to “Off-Topic”