Not related at all to the game or group
sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Odd Things That Really Urinate You Off

Postby sean_crow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:50 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:The one thing that really aggravates me is ungrateful people from developed countries moaning about their "hardships", and complaining that underdeveloped countries shouldn't be allowed to pollute as much as whe have for the last century, knowing full well that most of this pollution is caused by industries from the developed countries.

That's a good one!

In addition: We sold our old factory parts to them and now complain that they are not state of the art.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:52 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:and complaining that underdeveloped countries shouldn't be allowed to pollute as much as we have for the last century, knowing full well that most of this pollution is caused by industries from the developed countries.

Surely they can learn from our mistakes and leapfrog those crappy practices?

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:55 am

RD-83 wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:and complaining that underdeveloped countries shouldn't be allowed to pollute as much as we have for the last century, knowing full well that most of this pollution is caused by industries from the developed countries.

Surely they can learn from our mistakes and leapfrog those crappy practices?

What does history/empiricism tell you?

And surely you mean we, right?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:56 am

de Carabas wrote:So it's not really a thread about odd things, it's the "old gits having a whinge over fairly common things" thread isn't it? :)

I'm not old.
I'm just really really ahead of the curve is all.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:

I meant they, as in underdeveloped countries

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:11 am

RD-83 wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:

I meant they, as in underdeveloped countries

Ah, well this will come off as rude then. Sorry in advance.

Your comments lead me to believe you are one of three:

1. A child (you know no better, and are excused)

2. Naive (think for yourself and see the bigger picture. It may hurt, but I prefer seeing things for what they are, and not what others want me to see).

3. A hypocrite. (which suggests that you have personal interest/narrative in exploitation of others). Which is fine by the way. Plenty of those around. Just not my cup of Java, as I stated earlier.

Sorry for being impolite. Feel free to swing away. I can take it. :)

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:17 am

Oh, and babies that cry. I wished they'd stop their whining and act their age!

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow

Postby sean_crow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 am

LOL
Even though I like the diabolic idea, maybe we should come back to complain about people that are not part of this community.
Before it's getting out of hand.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:24 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:Ah, well this will come off as rude then. Sorry in advance.

2. Naive (think for yourself and see the bigger picture. It may hurt, but I prefer seeing things for what they are, and not what others want me to see).

3. A hypocrite. (which suggests that you have personal interest/narrative in exploitation of others). Which is fine by the way. Plenty of those around. Just not my cup of Java, as I stated earlier.

I'm not going to swing, in fact this is the last comment I am going to make on the subject as its detracting from the topic of the post. You seem very passionate about the topic and are looking for a debate/argument, which I'm not going to engage you in.

I never actually disagreed with your original comment, just stated that it would make sense if "they", as in under developed countries (defined by you in your original post), leapfrogged the developed world in energy generation because the technology now exists.

The post I am replying to was rather rude and impolite as you assumed I am disagreeing with you, and you feel the need to belittle me for views you assume I hold.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:36 am

RD-83 wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:Ah, well this will come off as rude then. Sorry in advance.

I'm not going to swing, in fact this is the last comment I am going to make on the subject as its detracting from the topic of the post. You seem very passionate about the topic and are looking for a debate/argument, which I'm not going to engage you in.

I never actually disagreed with your original comment, just stated that it would make sense if "they", as in under developed countries (defined by you in your original post), leapfrogged the developed world in energy generation because the technology now exists.

The post I am replying to was rather rude and impolite as you assumed I am disagreeing with you, and you feel the need to belittle me for views you assume I hold.

But this suggests 2 things.

1. You didn't actually read my first statement; that it's industry from developed countries creating the mess in the underdeveloped ones, or

2. That you think "they" have any say what so ever on the matter. Hence my second assumption. Can beggars be choosers?

But fair enough. Yes I'm very passionate on the matter, as per my initial post. We in the developed countries are free to believe whatever we want to believe. No real consequences either way. Ah, the joy of modern society. :)
Last edited by GlobusDiablo on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”