Sinxar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sinxar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Let's give this guy a hand. :)

Postby Sinxar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:12 pm

evovi wrote:nice rallying together of the community

Yep, help a guy cheat his way to the top. Yet there is a huge witch hunt for anybody who dares to "cheat" by taking more than one mission at a time. :lol:

Everybody who voted just because it's an E:D video can rest easy at night knowing that people who put effort into it has no chance. That is life though.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Yeah, I agree with you on this one, Sinxar. But they should have known better - ever hear of Boaty McBoatface? They should have just said submit your vids and we'll pick a winner. I don't have the balls to ask an entire community of strangers to vote for me so I could win a new computer. Actually, the thought would have never entered my mind. :|
Last edited by Roger Wilco Jr on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's time to give this another go.

Sinxar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sinxar

Postby Sinxar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:13 pm

I heard there are other cheaters in the contest as well. Really, i don't care who wins it or how. I never even heard of the contest until this morning, I have some good videos that is much more than shooting a laser at an NPC for 30 seconds while cursing for no reason. If it was good, yeah sure show it off, get some support. This is just super low effort trash. This is Elite: Dangerous, surely he could have come up with something better than that. FA off maybe? Heck maybe even attack an NPC that isn't already at 40% hull?

It is boggling that the 'holier-than-thou' community would support this behavior at all. There is a reason I tend to distance myself from the community.

Just my opinion though, so in the grand scheme it means nothing.

here is the vid if anybody voted and didn't watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HruWoMEPfWg

Here is me setting a world record. Just because I like this vid and i put real effort into making it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUq1gP9qjw

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Sinxar wrote:Here is me setting a world record. Just because I like this vid and i put real effort into making it.

Trim 7 seconds and that may be the best video submitted.

I tried watching as many of those videos as I could stand, and I think his may be the best - just because of the subject matter! They made it hard enough to watch them, needing to constantly scroll around, and then most of the videos have terrible music dubbed over them, lots of cursing, and most are fast paced, arcade style, shooters showing off terrible skills. There was one side scroller that had a similar vote count that actually was someone dominating a game. There are clearly some joke vids entered. Why do people suck so bad? :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Off-Topic”