Not related at all to the game or group
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Thank You, Flash, For Jumping The Shark*

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:07 pm

I don't know why I've been watching The Flash. I'm not a comic super hero fan kind of guy, and find most of that style movie only average. But I had been recording it, and I think that was the key - I could skip through it. But I really should have stopped watching when they introduced time travel. I hate time travel. And then they introduced multiple parallel universes. I hate those even more than I hate time travel. But giant, intelligent, telepathic, mind controlling, time traveling and dimension shifting gorillas? No, that is just too much for me. I've deleted the show from the recording schedule and have freed up another 40 minutes of my life to do something else. :D

*maybe I should have said Jumping the Gorilla? :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Re: Thank You, Flash, For Jumping The Shark*

Postby Sevin Church » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Time travel, alternate worlds, giant gorillas/sharks/etc. Those are staples in both the big comic universes lol.

But I get your distaste, as much as I love the Flash, I hate time travel.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Sevin Church wrote:Time travel, alternate worlds, giant gorillas/sharks/etc. Those are staples in both the big comic universes lol.

Classic DC really, they figured they could retcon as much as they wanted as long as you could possibly introduce either multi dimensionality or time travel.

It's really just a cheap and lazy way for a writer to repeat themselves when they are utterly out of new content.

Funny part is, the series are already doing this, while it took the comics about 60 years to get there.

I'm not a fan, I consider them somewhat below average in interest, first few seasons where usually ok, but even Arrow and flash are getting rather stale and repetitive now, since there is a point where 'moody' just becomes 'whiny'.
And yes, I'm still watching cause I got nothing better to do, other than play elite :P
Quite liked supergirl btw.
And honestly they are all a touch better than the batman vs superman movie.
They actually wen't with a Batman version that's comes off as a whiny Punisher, Lex thinks he is supposed to be the Joker, and Superman is just boring.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:33 am

TorTorden wrote:
Sevin Church wrote:Time travel, alternate worlds, giant gorillas/sharks/etc. Those are staples in both the big comic universes lol.

Classic DC really, they figured they could retcon as much as they wanted as long as you could possibly introduce either multi dimensionality or time travel.

It's really just a cheap and lazy way for a writer to repeat themselves when they are utterly out of new content.

Funny part is, the series are already doing this, while it took the comics about 60 years to get there.

I'm not a fan, I consider them somewhat below average in interest, first few seasons where usually ok, but even Arrow and flash are getting rather stale and repetitive now, since there is a point where 'moody' just becomes 'whiny'.
And yes, I'm still watching cause I got nothing better to do, other than play elite :P
Quite liked supergirl btw.
And honestly they are all a touch better than the batman vs superman movie.
They actually wen't with a Batman version that's comes off as a whiny Punisher, Lex thinks he is supposed to be the Joker, and Superman is just boring.

I agree with the vast majority of this especially watching because of having nothing better :P
Although I am about to give up on Legends of Tomorrow after watching S02 EP01 (I'm behind on all US series because I cant stand the mid season breaks!)
Arrow is probably best of the 4 but only because its slightly darker (doubt I bother with Supergirl though), but I did say to the wife the other day that I hope its the last season.

Regarding Batman v Superman, I think I set the bar so low that I actually enjoyed it and the uncut version makes a lot more sense and those scenes should've been left in IMO.

That got my hopes up for the DC movie universe, but then Suicide Squad happened. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:45 am

I found s4 of arrow to be a bit lackluster, starting to slide over from brooding to whiny, season 2 of flash was also a bit meh imo.

Actually supergirl was quite enjoyable, more so than flash.
Might be a bit on the girly side for some, Calista Flockhart from Ally Mcbeal does a wonderful neurotic 'power-boss'.

I basically watxh these bexause their on netflix, but that also mean I'm usually a season or so behind.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:33 pm

I watched Supergirl until s2 e1, when her friend asked Superman about the earthquake he saved Lois from. Which was the first movie, which means it's in the campy universe, no freaking thanks.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Sevin Church wrote:I watched Supergirl until s2 e1, when her friend asked Superman about the earthquake he saved Lois from. Which was the first movie, which means it's in the campy universe, no freaking thanks.

Well campy can be OK,.
Personally I found the camp meter red lined at the Red tornado episode.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:27 pm

That was the first spike, then the anti-kryptonite suits hit it again. But the link between those movies and the show buried the needle lol.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm reviving this thread because I'm watching S3 EP17 of the Flash and oh dear oh dear oh dear. I have no words to describe how bad and cringe it is...

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Cliff notes?

I'm at work, hats to look it up at the moment.

Return to “Off-Topic”