Not related at all to the game or group
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

My Torchiere

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:49 am

Here I am, chillin' on the couch, relaxin', watching some TV and browsing the forums. My old 300W torchiere lamp is shining on the ceiling, providing just enough indirect lighting that 99% of people think is way too dark - why are you sitting in the dark? Why don't you turn on some lights? They just don't understand.

Then I get a whiff of something, but it quickly goes away. But a bit later I smell it again. Is that something burning? I didn't turn on the stove. Maybe it's dust in the furnace? Oh well, back to browsing the forums. Wait, now it's getting stronger - what is that? Oh yeah, now I remember. The cats were fascinated by that flying insect about a half hour ago. Another one suicided into my lamp. It happens about once a month, but it always takes me by surprise. Where's the DustBuster?

But I'll never give up my torchiere - the greenies will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

:P
It's time to give this another go.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: My Torchiere

Postby de Carabas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:05 am

Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: My Torchiere

Postby evovi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:51 am

I'm with you, I used to have a halogen "uplighter" (England) and it was great - no glare, perfect for watching tv or, just about reading a copy of PC format - and, dark enough to let you power nap on the sofa without disturbing you :)

Return to “Off-Topic”