What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Not related at all to the game or group
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:06 am

DarkMere wrote:..... I used to play a futuristic tank game that was written in compiled basic, can't for the life of me remember the title of the game or the programming language. However I do remember it was great fun to play.

(Dam that name of that tank game is going to bug me all day now)

Well it did bug me all day and night, but finally remembered them, so just for the record. The name of the tank game is Tank Universal and the name of the basic programming language is Blitz Basic

I found that on the PC, Blitz Basic was the best basic (for me) to program in. Tank Universal really is great fun and very cheap to buy, but of course its limited to solo play. Phew I can finally stop wrecking my brain now.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:57 pm

I have still not committed to BattleZone and the reason is that like most people I can't buy everything at the same time, and like you John Luke I saw Star Trek Bridge Crew when it first hit the streets and was being advertised, and I am torn between the two. At the moment I think I am leaning more towards Star Trek. Decisions decisions :?

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Greylock3491 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:12 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Star Trek Bridge Crew recently went live, and the Steam VR FB group is blowing up with extremely positive comments if anyone is looking for a VERY social, co-op, team oriented VR game.

Here's a Twitch stream to give you an idea of what it's like. I have not tried it yet, but I suppose I should..... especially with my name being what it is and all. :roll:

I have a Rift and I'm soooo tempted to pick this up!

And it looks like it supports complete cross play - soooo cool!!!

"Crossplay is now working fine in Private matches now, my mate with a Vive on Steam was able to invite me on Rift in Oculus Home and two others on PSVR just fine."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... rew_cross/

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 am

I recently started playing Quivr. It's pretty amazing, if you like bow and arrow games. I think there's a demo you can d/l and try out, too.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 am

While demos are normally very short lived, some of them can be very good at showing off what VR can do to friends who have not got the time to get to grips with a game. Two titles that really do make you think WOW are 'Slowdown' and 'Face your Fears'.

Slowdown only lasts for a couple of minutes and there is nothing you can do in it except enjoy the ride, but what a ride!

Face your Fears is supposedly going to evolve into something big, but at the moment they only tackle two phobias. One is a fear of heights. I have no fear of heights but I loved the sequence and its very well put together. The other is things that go bump in the night. The kind of things that children experiance. I did not think I would have a problem with that but when this thing jumped off the wardrobe towards me laying on the bed........ well it was nearly a quick trip to the toilet ;)

Both free, both for show only, but both very good.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 am

JohnLuke wrote:I recently started playing Quivr. It's pretty amazing, if you like bow and arrow games. I think there's a demo you can d/l and try out, too.

That sounds like good fun JohnLuke. I am disabled and cannot do standing for more than a minute, so my VR games have to be sitting games. Is it a game that can be played sitting with relatively limited room?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 am

DarkMere wrote:That sounds like good fun JohnLuke. I am disabled and cannot do standing for more than a minute, so my VR games have to be sitting games. Is it a game that can be played sitting with relatively limited room?

Quivr could potentially be done seated, as long as you can spin around pretty fast in your chair, as well at aim up and down quickly. As I mentioned, I believe there is a demo available for it. Give it a try!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:25 am

I'd love to try bridge crew, but as always, got no Vr enabled friends to play with.
And I'm broke as mud for the next week :\

I would love to see how the A-team would have coped with Star Trek Bridge crew.

Could have been fun.
I imagine it going something like this:

Lori, takes the big chair.
Dawg takes helm,
I of course take tactical.
After having beaten *Al* in arm-wrestling for it, he has a bum shoulder so it is an easy match, He is then relegated to engineering.
Kharma takes com's, naturally.

Per normal A-team tactics.
Lori gets drunk, and 'retires' early.
Kharma starts offending any and all who answers his hails, and manage to incite a simultaneous war with the Vulkans, Ferengi, and the Betazoid.
I of course starts blasting anything that moves per the 38 second rule.
By now, Dawg's piloting has caused us to crash through the space dock, and set us for a fixed full impulse reverse course into the sun.

Lori wakes up and starts shouting at *Al* for "More power ! ", where by *Al* then promptly detonate the warp core.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Sounds about right......

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

:D Nothing wrong with that!!! :D

errr....is there a lavatory in VR too.. :oops:
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Return to “Off-Topic”