What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Not related at all to the game or group
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Postby DarkMere » Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 am

I play a few games in VR but not many, but I love educational VR like Apollo 11, Amazing!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 28, 2017 9:31 am

I've been checking out some of the travel and entertainment VR videos on Jaunt recently. Pretty cool stuff. It's a free d/l on Steam.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 29, 2017 10:42 am

If you haven't tried Rec Room yet, give it a shot. I'm new to it, but paintball is a freakin' blast!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Mon May 29, 2017 1:48 pm

I have to be very careful what games I get. I can't do standing or room size games due to a few issues, but that does look great fun JL.

I have Windlands which can be done sitting, but you have to develop very strong VR legs and even then you have to keep a grip on your stomach.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 29, 2017 2:15 pm

In the category of sitting VR games, other than E-D my current favorite is "no limits 2 roller coaster sim". Some of those coasters are amazing!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 pm

I will have to get 'No Limits 2'. I did have the game that I used to play on my old computer which is now defunct. I have searched high and low for the pass code and can't find it, but am not even sure if the VR version is a totally different version to the 2D version. In either case, you have nudged me into ordering all over again, I will report back :)

I know the following is not a game, but I think Google Earth VR is amazing, some of the human inhabited simulated 3D areas (as long as you do not get too close) are jaw dropping. But everywhere else, mountain tops, Grand Cannon etc, fantastic, and of course its free!!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:09 pm

I agree that Google Earth is pretty incredible, considering that it's all done with satellite imagery. I wish the resolution was higher and that the trees didn't look like stick figures up close, but if you stay back a bit.... it's like a virtual vacation to places that I know I'll never see in person.

I'm spending a lot of time in Rec Room again this weekend. Mostly doing paintball, with some disc golf thrown in to slow the pace. 8-) When you get a good group in paintball, it's a freakin' blast. If anyone here wants to try some of the Rec Room games, I'd love to have a buddy there. ;)

I also picked up BattleZone on SteamVR. If you played it as a kid, you've got to try it! If you didn't play it when you were younger, you should still try it! It is a seated game and requires the use of a gamepad. I've got an X-Box controller that I use on my PC, and it works very well for this game. The immersion is amazing. :shock: It's taking me a bit to get used to the controls and different weapons, but after clearing my third zone I'm getting the hang of it. (about a hour of game play, if that). It's pretty awesome driving a tank around in the futuristic environment and blowing shit up. Not as cool as flying spaceships in E-D, but it's hella fun. The game is designed for co-op play, so if anyone is interested in teaming up let me know.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:40 pm

I will look into BattleZone JL (BTW I figured out why I keep calling you JY, tell you some time lol) I hope you bring some of your shield regenerators with you. ;) I used to play a futuristic tank game that was written in compiled basic, can't for the life of me remember the title of the game or the programming language. However I do remember it was great fun to play.

(Dam that name of that tank game is going to bug me all day now)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Let me know what you think of BattleZone, Darkmere. Don't forget that you can return Steam VR games for a full refund if you don't like it. I think the cap is not more than 2 weeks after you buy, and no more than 2 hours of play time.

Can't wait to hear the "JY" explanation! :lol:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Star Trek Bridge Crew recently went live, and the Steam VR FB group is blowing up with extremely positive comments if anyone is looking for a VERY social, co-op, team oriented VR game.

Here's a Twitch stream to give you an idea of what it's like. I have not tried it yet, but I suppose I should..... especially with my name being what it is and all. :roll:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Off-Topic”