What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Not related at all to the game or group
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Postby DarkMere » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 am

DarkMere wrote:Star Trek Bridge Crew

Has anyone got this yet? Its currently 52% off the normal price but only for the next few days. I am very tempted but would love a first hand account of what its like.

Just bought it this morning on the last day of the sale, so I will see later when I dive in to boldly go where no man has gone before.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:28 am

DarkMere wrote:
DarkMere wrote:Star Trek Bridge Crew

Has anyone got this yet? Its currently 52% off the normal price but only for the next few days. I am very tempted but would love a first hand account of what its like.

Just bought it this morning on the last day of the sale, so I will see later when I dive in to boldly go where no man has gone before.

And then get ambushed by pirates.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:56 am

I am a big fan of Google Earth as I have said before on this thread, and I see that they have added Street Views to it which is welcome, however for me having played with it this morning, it only adds .25 of a star to the application. The actual image is not very sharp, but thats totally excusable given that the street view image is relatively low resolution, and when converted to a 3D view this can't be helped. However the way the street view has been added for me is very cobbled.

The position where you place yourself is very imprecise compared to the browser version, also once in street view you are not able to move as you can in the browser version except for rotating. The actual street view image is in full 3D and not 2D images wrapped around you which is better than I expected. But like I said, the way it has been implemented for me is a big let down.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:53 am

I see that X Plane 11, 11.20 Beta is now Native VR. Now that is something that is close to my heart. Defiantly giving that a go. Word is even with very high end graphics cards you have to set the graphics level down about mid way to get up to 45 fps, but that the game still looks good with these settings.

All that said its still only Beta , so they still may be able to optimist it and improve the graphics performance somewhat.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:56 am

Eleven Tennis, is a fantastic table tennis game for vr. The weight of the vr controllers is not much difference to the weight of a bat and of course the tennis balls are so light that in real life you do not feel the impact of them on the bat, so this makes it a good game to play in vr. If you add to that the fact that the designers have done a first class job, then the end result is something worth having if you enjoy slightly active vr games. I used to love table tennis when I was younger and always wanted a full size table in my home. Now I got one :D

Due to health I am not able to mange more than 5 minutes at a time now dancing around with bat in hand, and only a few sessions a day, but I love it! Seriously if you want a realistic everyday game for oculus or vive, you can't go wrong with this one.

Its cheap too!

Nelina
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Nelina Dag'thul

Postby Nelina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:41 am

Lets see. What do i have in my Steam-Lib:
- Elite Dangerous (hey its imho the best VR-Game so far :), so no wonder i got also the steam-key for it beside the normal Frontier-Game)
- Subnautica (very nice done, and even in Early Access no real bugs)
- Lightblade VR (for 2€ its worth to swing you Yedi-Lightblade)
- Portal-Stories VR (if you liked Portal and Portal2 this is a must, even if there are not very much levels)
- Raw Data (very nice done and immersion feels fine)
- Detached (very nice Immersion. If you like to get motion-sickness than this one is for you. 30min and i must take off the vive :) )
- Project Cars (bought it, because it should be nice. But as i thought this is only something if you really like racing-games)
- Universe Sandbox2 (ok, not a game, but really nice to view)
- Virtual Desktop (not a game, but a must if you like to view 360-Videos or 360-Pictures). (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1iAi2yvSZE looks very nice for example in VR)
- The Solus Project (hmm, never started it :) )
- Elven Assasin (hmm, never started it :) )
- Infinite Minigolf (hmm, never started it :) )

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:16 pm

As for VR games.
I'm now pretty much dividing between ED and projectcars2.

The vr implementation is much better in pcars2 than in 1.
And the handling model of the cars are of a different world than in than in the first.
It, like ED requires a hotas, almost requires a decent wheel so getting it off the ground can be a pricy affair. Now you don't need to go all the way to a €1500 fanatec setup.
Something like a logitech g29/920 (works on ps4 and xbx respectively both work on pc)
or a thrustmaster equivalent. Both can be had for around <€200 on sales.
But I highly, highly recommend a wheel stand. I got a small one that also folds up easily so I can pop into a corner or under my desk when not in use.

I don't bother much with racing.
what I do can most be described as hotlapping.
Mostly end up just chilling in the caterham seven on the Nurburg, close to almost 2000km on that track alone.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Tom Derrick
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Tom Derrick

Postby Tom Derrick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 am

TorTorden wrote:As for VR games.
I'm now pretty much dividing between ED and projectcars2.

It´s more or less the same for me, with the addition of DCS World, and War Thunder (rarely)
I also tried Subnautica, and although the immersion and the underwater world were great in VR, I got motion sickness quickly and there were some glitches.

But simulation games like Project Cars and DCS (and of course Elite) were the reason I bought VR in the first place.

Return to “Off-Topic”