Not related at all to the game or group
clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: No Man's Sky

Postby clivewil » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Myrm wrote:All the bases I have been to so far on this planet have had no galactic trade terminals for me to buy the stuff.

i just found one of those terminals on my planet as i was leaving, sitting out in the open all by itself (in a very shallow lake :\ ) - which is good because my inventories were maxed out. it looked odd, just a ball floating above the water

how many slots can your exosuit have? i have around 18 or so but i want need more...
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Myrm wrote:
TorTorden wrote:...There is no looking for shit. You just land randomly on random planet and find anything right at your feet.

What absolute nonsense! Sorry but it is. I am currently on a barren planet looking desperately for zinc and Thamium9. I have wandered around for half an hour, well, just shy of that, and I haven't found it anywhere. On other planets it's in abundance. I'm still looking. All the bases I have been to so far on this planet have had no galactic trade terminals for me to buy the stuff. Oh well, my hunt continues.

Then you have found an odd planet, sure there are planets where some shit is rare but it's simply a matter of going anywhere else.

Every system has a space station.
That space station always has a trade terminal.
You can also talk to other ships that land to buy and sell, you can also buy their ship if have enough money.

Zinc is fairly rare usually found in yellow glowing plants, if the planet has no plant life then yeah it probably wouldn't have it.

Thamium9 however is everywhere but most readily available in space. Shoot any asteroid off planet and you will have ships pile off Thamium in a minute (500 units)

There is also copper, gold iron and iridium in the asteroids but 99% of them have thamium9.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:11 pm

I've put off getting NMS. In the latter part of the run-up to release, I just couldn't see any longevity in it. Despite all its flaws, Elite is trying to be close to realistic as possible - with a few things to allow the game to work (FSD for example) and those are done in a believable way so even just flying around I can loose myself in believing I am really in space (which I will never have the chance to do in real life :( ). NMS just felt to cartoony for my tastes. I also don't think it justifies the £40 for it. I will get it, but I am waiting for it to go on a Steam offer and hopefully by then it will have got all the kinks out ;)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:24 pm

It's like people moaning because they haven't found a dinosaur. "I've been on twenty planets so far and not found one!" they say. There are 18 quintillion planets and people complain they haven't found this or that after searching 20. I would jolly well hope I hadn't seen every life form after visiting just 20 out of 18 quintillion planets. Who knows what is out there. Anyway, what is a "dinosaur"? It's not just T Rex and Brontosaurus that are dinosaurs. I saw on one planet a little creature that looked like one; it stood up like a T Rex and had little forearms with a thorny plate on its head. Only about my height but it look pretty prehistoric to me :-)

I have just found some zinc on this planet. Two lonely flowers of it on top of a hill >.<

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:40 pm

clivewil wrote:
Myrm wrote:All the bases I have been to so far on this planet have had no galactic trade terminals for me to buy the stuff.

i just found one of those terminals on my planet as i was leaving, sitting out in the open all by itself (in a very shallow lake :\ ) - which is good because my inventories were maxed out. it looked odd, just a ball floating above the water

how many slots can your exosuit have? i have around 18 or so but i want need more...

There are floating upgrade points for the suit on some planets.
I have just stumbled on them on occasion.

But after getting the v1 atlas pass you can enter the first door to the left in space stations. They all have a slot upgrade for the exosuit. Each upgrade costs 10k more than the last, and I think the last I got was at 120k.

I got my atlas pass recipe from the weirdos in the "space anomaly " Station.
Those guys can also point you back on the atlas track or a black hole.
Black holes thrust you about 1000 ly towards the core.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:33 am

TorTorden wrote:There are floating upgrade points for the suit on some planets.
I have just stumbled on them on occasion.

i got around 20 of those just from one system, skimming over the surface i'd pass one every few minutes. i had 36 slots and thought i'd maxed out my suit, but i just found another one so i guess i have at least one more row of slots to fill

the last few sessions have been interesting, i found a crashed ship on a high temperature dead world (98 degrees with fire storms of 300 degrees) and decided to swap it for my own, knowing that i'd have a hard time repairing it because resources were either scarce or non existent on the planet. i had only around 20 seconds each time to exit and shoot some minerals before life support went critical, or 5 seconds if there was a storm underway. took me ages just to recharge the launch thrusters.

both ships had 48 slots but my original one would cause me to take damage if i forgot to use suit thrusters when leaving. 2 hyper jumps and 6 planets later, i still haven't found the stuff i need to fix the last 2 modules. my search continues...
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:15 am

I too am currently on a hot planet with even hotter storms. It has floating rocks on it, massive floating rocks. How they are floating amazes me but what I find annoying is that I saw some spaceships fly right through them. I also hate how if my ship lands on a slope it sits on the horizontal plane just balancing on the tip of its nose. I love the game but the physics stink!

Oh for atmospheric planets in EDH with forests, jungles, deserts, rivers, lakes and oceans, plants and animals. Oh for the ability to get out of my ship or rover and walk on the planet/moon surface.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Yes, I saw that too. Though I don't think the ASA really can do much other than make them change their advert.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:55 pm

I had one eye on it until it came out and then realised it looked a bit pants. But I'm sure there are those that like it :)

Return to “Off-Topic”