We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: No Man's Sky

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 pm

I must have this in my life, might even be a reason to hang on to the ps4...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:13 am

TorTorden wrote:I must have this in my life, might even be a reason to hang on to the ps4...

Its going to come out on PC at launch as well, so hang on to your PC as well ;)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:25 am

Yah it was a PC game long before Sony paid them to put it on PS4. Now they're kinda quiet about it coming to PC, but it still will.

This game is probably what got Microsoft interested in Elite (Cause no way was Star Citizen going to consoles).

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alex Johnson

Postby CMDRDanPos » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:10 am

ZATZAi wrote:Yah it was a PC game long before Sony paid them to put it on PS4. Now they're kinda quiet about it coming to PC, but it still will.

This game is probably what got Microsoft interested in Elite (Cause no way was Star Citizen going to consoles).

At this point I'd be surprised if Star Citizen ever releases, it was overhyped and over promised from what I can see. It just amazes me how theres not much to show for it considering the amount of money it has raised!? It blows my mind.

It does look pretty though but if it is to truly tie all these things it claims together it will be a miracle to have it look that nice. They recently postponed the FPS side of things indefinitely due to technical issues.

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:11 am

TorTorden wrote:I must have this in my life, might even be a reason to hang on to the ps4...

This would have been a killer app for me and made me buy a PS4 but its coming to PC so I don't need to just yet.... the FF7 remake however.... instabuy.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:41 am

i know it's not ontopic, but FF7 won't be a remake per-se. They're removing a lot of initial scenes and quests because "it's not fitting for today's age". But they will be adding new stuff. I have a friend who's a huge FF fan and he's totally pissed about the remake xD

back on topic - No man's land looks promising, but i really can't go pass the silly color palette they're using. It makes the space look like a cartoon on LSD
ImageImage

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRDanPos » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Skipp wrote:i know it's not ontopic, but FF7 won't be a remake per-se. They're removing a lot of initial scenes and quests because "it's not fitting for today's age". But they will be adding new stuff. I have a friend who's a huge FF fan and he's totally pissed about the remake xD

back on topic - No man's land looks promising, but i really can't go pass the silly color palette they're using. It makes the space look like a cartoon on LSD

The colour palette seems like a strange choice at first but Sean Murray said that it was due to his love for Sci-Fi books and their covers so the whole aesthetic of the game is based on that, which I thinks great :)

With FF7, I'd say that defines a remake, re making the game from scratch, not just a rerelease which these so called "next gen remakes" basically are, updated resolution and textures.

With FF, as long as I can get a wig from a boxers crotch and dress as a woman to invade a pimps hideout - I don't care :P

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:34 pm

The game seem more lighthearted than elite and unlike exploration in ED it seem like an actual thing, where in ED it still feels like a mockup feature marked "to be replaced before beta".

Apart from getting your name on a stellar body the only reason to go exploring is the journey and that space is really cool.

No man's sky with the art direction and what I see in the demo I feel more like playing this from the couch.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 pm

TorTorden wrote:The game seem more lighthearted than elite and unlike exploration in ED it seem like an actual thing, where in ED it still feels like a mockup feature marked "to be replaced before beta".

Apart from getting your name on a stellar body the only reason to go exploring is the journey and that space is really cool.

No man's sky with the art direction and what I see in the demo I feel more like playing this from the couch.

I agree. It seems more a sit back style game than an on the edge of your seat. They mentioned trading and combat, but we have seen very little if any of those aspects. I am still very interested in the game and will probably spring for it (on PC as I have no consoles). May be the first game that I can/will actually use my controller for.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Off-Topic”